Treasury Finance Volatility Management.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
Contract 3 months Qualified accountant Good understanding of IAS 39 Treasury
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Ensure that banking transactions are accounted for in the optimal way under IFRS to minimise income statement and equity volatility.
- Role requires an in-depth knowledge of banking products and their impact on banking volatility.
- Responsible for the identification, documentation, testing and accounting for bespoke micro hedge accounting packages and also for the management of the macro cash flow and the macro fair value models.
- The manager plays a key role in developing both existing processes and the control environment.
- Production of MI and analytics to assess various hedge accounting relationships.
- Liaison with other Finance teams as part of the reporting process, and liaison with other GCT Front Office teams as part of the day-to-day hedge accounting activities.
- Compile daily IFRS profit and loss reporting.
- Analysis of new trades to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IAS39.
- Identification, designation and documentation of micro hedge accounting relationships.
- Retrospective and prospective testing of hedge accounting relationships to ensure compliance with IAS39.
- Investigation into hedge ineffectiveness on new and existing hedge accounting relationships.
- Ensuring the appropriate accounting treatment of existing hedge accounting relationships.
- Continual assessment of the control environment, involving the design and implementation of control reports where applicable.
- Continual improvement of existing IT processes to enhance the efficiency of the team’s activities.
- Ad hoc work/projects as required, particularly at month end.
- Adapting to change and uncertainty
- Attention to detail
- Team working and coaching
- Providing excellent customer service
- Clear and regular communication with stakeholders
KEY KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Ability to work and communicate well in a small team
- Willingness to proactively interact with other areas of finance and the business to communicate issues affecting other areas
- Capacity to continually raise, challenge and resolve issues as and when they arise
- Qualified accountant or relative experience in a similar role (Interest rate and FX environment)
- Good knowledge of banking products and the accounting for financial instruments
- Good understanding of IAS 39, especially hedge accounting rules and application.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel
- An aptitude and willingness to learn other IT processes