UI Developer - Inventory Management Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
The Inventory Management Engineering team is focused on driving down the cost of the firm's funding in order to maximize our adjusted P&L. To achieve this, the team is working on various initiatives to increase our funding efficiency through the use of data driven tools. At the core we are creating a new platform which tracks the firm's inventory in real time and executes optimized movements, ultimately impacting critical trading decisions. Written in Java, our brand new platform will leverage Kafka for event sequencing and operational research algorithms for optimization in order to manage billions of dollars' worth of the firm's cash and securities inventory. In addition, we are developing tools to provide better visibility and control over intra-day liquidity and partnering with Securities Lending Technology to evolve our payment incentive and accruals offering.
We work closely with Prime Services and the Synthetics Product Group (SPG) who provide clients with equities financing and securities lending services. In this role you will be a part of a global team of engineers developing new software - replacing less efficient, disparate systems with state-of-the-art applications to manage inventory. The role will also involve building real-time analytics and visualizations of recommendation results to provide traders with intuitive interfaces to allow them to act decisively. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As part of our team, you will participate in projects to continue building our new applications hence directly impacting the firm's inventory management capability. Our team members:
- Create highly scalable systems; develop user-facing web applications and analytics.
- Design and development process working closely with traders and other user groups.
- Analyze requirements, investigate available technologies, and build proof-of-concepts.
- Provide timely updates on milestone deliverables and statuses of projects to management.
- Mentor junior developers on the team globally.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Experience leading requirements gathering, design and implementation phases of a significant project or system
- Practical experience building modern web applications using React
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with Redux, Webpack, Jest, NodeJS, GraphQL, Kubernetes
- Well versed with software development lifecycle and associated tools for version control, build, deployment, testing and controls
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity