UI Engineer - Banking
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:10 Aug 18
My Clients technology teams are responsible for the bank’s entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank’s business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank’s IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, their technology helps Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. Tjey make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
The Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
They are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
The Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Regulatory Technology aims to be an industry leading function that delivers sustainable regulatory compliance through technology automation and competitive operating leverage to create a safe and controlled operating environment that protects the Bank franchise and its clients. This specific role is with Trade Surveillance where we are monitoring all trade activities looking for anomalous behavior using Big Data tools, including Python and Spark.
You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team, including analysts, developers and testers. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value.
- Working as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyses and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Designing and developing excellent, ergonomic and understandable user interfaces. Working closely with users to gain feedback and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Using Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers.
- Defining and evolving the architecture of the components you are working on. Contributing to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level
- Ensuring that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production as well as being prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it’s needed
- Helping your team build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Working to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Helping create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
Skills & Qualifications:
- A background in creating high-quality web-based user interfaces. An understanding of how to ensure these interfaces are easy to navigate, linkable, responsive and accessible.
- Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment.
- Some experience of server side programming, preferably using Python Flask or Django
- An understanding of REST principles and associated technologies
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Practical experience of delivering good quality code within enterprise scale development
- Knowledge of Hadoop and associated Big Data technologies as well as experience of older UI technologies e.g. GWT, JSF, SpringMVC etc.
The Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.