UK Client Implementation Manager - 12 Month FTC
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
What you'll do
Below is a list of responsibilities of the CIL Team.
• Lead on complex projects involving alternative asset classes, OTC/ETD derivative usage and/or non-standard Schroders processes, project managing client activities whilst ensuring all internal parties deliver to the agreed timelines and keeping stakeholders informed of progress
• Actively seek to understand the client mandate and have consideration about all commercial aspects of the relationship
• Production of implementation plan & production of client facing documents to track and monitor progress
• Strict adherence to Schroders policies and procedures including completion all internal forms, documentation and sign-off under Schroder 'Global Institutional Client Take-on' (GICTO) policy prior to execution of applicable lifecycle events
• Liaison with external & third party administrators - custodians, transfer agents, clients, consultants, administrators etc. Holistic engagement with Consultant Relations Team on the consultant led UK Pension business
• Lead on strategic and wider business change initiatives impacting the CIL Team, representing Client Service at working groups and/or steering committees
• Maintenance & continued development of CIL Team pipeline & metrics to inform both senior management and Investment/Operational business heads.
• Build strong relationships with the Client Service Group ensuring the client owners and Centres of Excellence are informed, sharing knowledge through procedures, papers and training & awareness sessions
• Attendance at external client meetings with the Client Service Team as the lead Client Implementation representative
• Seek to understand Schroders operational processes required in investment & accounting book of record creation and maintenance. Build rapport and relationships with internal operational onboarding and Mandate & Model Support teams responsible for internal/external operational setup and management
• Provision of support for the CORE Capability Owner within the Agile framework (attendance at ceremonies, collaborative engagement with developers and business analysts, User Acceptance Testing, training and sign-off of deliverables)
• Uphold and support the values and brand of Schroders to our clients
• Maintain knowledge of the regulatory landscape
• Support the implementation of strategic and product initiatives
• Have or seek to develop an enhanced understanding of investment strategies and Schroders products and solutions
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Understanding of client lifecycle activities along with understanding of fund operations and investment administration and its importance in the context of the sales process
• Understanding a variety of fund structures and their operation
• A good understanding of custody, transfer agency and fund administration
• Good communication skills (both verbal and written) in order to deliver Schroders messages coherently and confidently to external parties
• Confidence to question existing strategies, policies and procedures and input into any strategy discussions
• IT skills, detailed wording knowledge of MS applications, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Confidence to lead project calls and/or meetings with internal and external stakeholders
• Problem solving and relationship management skills
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience in operational risk management and control
• Awareness of competitor offerings and wider market trends
• Project management experience and/or qualifications (waterfall or agile methodology)
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.