OTCex Group is a leading inter-dealer group of brokerage firms, covering a wide range of assets. The OTCex Group offers financial services in the intermediation and asset management fields. The company has around 200 staff globally and offices in Paris, London, Geneva, Hong Kong and New York. OTCex Group is expanding its activities within the UK and as such is offering an opportunity for an intern/apprentice to participate and contribute to the responsibility for UK trade surveillance, provision of general compliance services to the business as well as providing light administrative support for the firm.
Reporting line and product coverage:
- The Global Control & Support Function is comprised of three core areas: Compliance, Internal Control and Risk. You will be a member of the Compliance team, reporting directly to the Group’s UK Compliance Officer, based in London.
- You will be part of a global team with members in Paris, London, Hong Kong and New York.
- Long-term internship opportunity (12 months preferred)
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the different brokering desks and supporting areas of the London activities to perform an active monitoring.
- Trade surveillance for UK activities
- Use of in-house and external tools to prevent market abuse and ensure HPC remains compliant with its surveillance obligations
- Focus will initially be on gas commodity derivatives and swaps within HPC’s trading venues
- Reporting on surveillance activities & active contribution to the improvement of HPC’s trade surveillance program
- Ensuring compliance with Best Execution requirements imposed by the FCA on trading activities
- General assistance to the UK Compliance Officer
- FCA submissions & engagement
- Training for UK staff
- General assistance to the Office Manager of the UK entities
- Filing & other ad hoc administrative duties
- Preparation of account reports
- Methodical, systematic, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work autonomously, performing tasks with speed and accuracy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- Understanding of Financial Markets and/or Financial Products is preferred
- Fluent English essential, working French beneficial
- Prior internship experience is advantageous
The successful candidate will work within an international team and will have the opportunity to develop and master their analytical, research and interpersonal skills. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to become part of a very successful international financial brokerage company.