UK FX Sales Trainee
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Temporary, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
FIXED INCOME & CURRENCIES
A SOLUTIONS & DERIVATIVES HOUSE
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
We design solutions for our clients, capitalising on the full spectrum of fixed income and currencies products and services.
CREDIT LINKING BORROWERS TO INVESTORS FROM ORIGINATION TO DISTRIBUTION
We service our clients on the full credit spectrum from Investment Grade to High Yield and X-Over and on cash as well as indices, options and singe name CDS.
GLOBAL FX & EMERGING MARKETS EUROPEAN MARKET LEADER WITH EMERGING MARKET FOCUS
Our clients can tap our capacity to execute large FX deals. We also offer a global coverage on all major currencies, and the local access of our global emerging markets platform spanning CEE, Asia, Africa and Brazil.
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role is to work within and support the FX EM Sales desk.
Serve its client base by acting in all areas to assist senior sales people; interactions with COO, RISK, Onboarding Teams, Compliance and support functions
Work on improving efficiency/productivity of the FX business. Assisting FXEM Mgt in various business and administrative tasksKYC & Legal Applications
Manage the smooth onboarding process
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
* Act as lead the lead relationship owner for areas of clients/ products allocated within area of responsibility
* Support on-boarding new clients e.g. KYC and legal documentation to allow execution of transactions
* Develop long term relationships with clients based on trust and professionalism
* Respond to various request from clients related to products, on boarding process, events, documentation e.g. legal and commercial; Analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
* Build, foster and cultivate client relationships in line with regulatory requirements
* Introducing clients to the appropriate business lines to allow SG to become more relevant towards these clients
* To generate a recurring stream of revenues with these clients by enhancing new client products suitable for clients needs and / or develop new client prospects Product Scope Responsibilities
* Implement team business plan to develop SG business as directed
* Execution of relevant product transaction on behalf of SG Clients and pricing in line with policies and guidelines applicable. Making sure that all the procedural guidelines e.g. KYC, Mifid, risk controls, product governance are observed
* Ensure business solutions for operational issues related to the products sold with IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices Knowledge Management Responsibilities
* Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands Risk Management Responsibilities
* Ensuring compliance with sales procedures and guidelines including Sales Handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
* Some market knowledge and experience in Investment banking/ financial services industry
* Sound numerical and Literacy skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
* Highly motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
* Reliable professional conduct
* Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
* SG Leadership Model competence as defined for individual contributors
* Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
* Language requirements if applicable are as defined to support the role purpose and coverage areas. (English is the business language for SG)