UK Investment Banking Governance and Culture Analyst (AVP)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
This role has two key elements; Governance support for Office of the CEO and Program support for UK/EMEA C&E Program: Governance support
- Maintaining the UK IB governance model, including management of ad-hoc changes, execution of a quarterly refresh and annual/semi-annual QA review
- Maintaining the standards for UK IB Governance
- Managing ExCo meetings (maintaining forward schedule, developing agendas, chasing and collating materials, maintaining a log of attendance/decisions/actions /MI/escalations, and tracking closure of actions raised)
- Managing Project Delivery Committee meetings (detailed actions as for ExCo above, plus also drafting of minutes and preparation of draft monthly report for onwards reporting to the ExCo/OpCo and BoD)
- Providing analysis and PMO support on ad-hoc projects as necessary (including - at present - the Conduct Risk program)
- Program Management: UK Culture Program management and tracking - including creation of annual plan, work-stream charters where required, tracking progress and achievements, handling issues
- UK Conduct and Ethics Board (Culture) management: setting schedule and agenda for regular CEB Culture Steering Committees; creating materials for discussion; preparing CEB minutes; managing forward planner; tracking and closing actions arising
- Measurement: sourcing data and creating bi-annual culture measurement report; designing and running focus groups for qualitative research as necessary; analyzing culture survey results
- Subject Matter Guide: staying ahead of industry and topic trends re ethics, culture and conduct within a financial services context and summarise for sharing with key partners
- C&E Governance Support: from ad hoc Board submissions to regular CEO report (preparing first drafts and management of timeframes); review of associated governance documents as required including those associated with the Senior Management Regime and culture
- Ad hoc Support for other culture work-streams / projects as required: for instance sourcing speakers for Conversations at Credit Suisse, implementation of alumni approach
- Event management: assisting broader team with set up and deliver of large scale internal culture events such as culture cascades
UK/EMEA Conduct and Ethics program support You Offer
- Processing post workshop outputs: including data input, analysis and reporting in various formats
- Strong PowerPoint skills, including an ability to conceptualise and communicate visually
- Excel analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business writing skills including significant grasp of grammar and an ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
- Some program management experience is desirable; consultancy experience is advantageous
- Partner management, including appropriate interaction with senior partners
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills and excellent attention to detail
- Hardworking individual with good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success