UK Unit-Linked and Platforms - Assistant Relationship Manager Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.4 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview
BlackRock’s EMEA Retail business employs 198 people with over $200bn assets under management. EMEA Retail is primarily a wholesale business providing cross-border solutions to intermediaries who serve the full spectrum of privately-owned wealth across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Our clients are predominantly global and multi-national banks, wealth managers and insurers focused on delivering discretionary investment management and financial advisory services to private investors.
EMEA Retail’s product proposition comprises a broad range of both actively managed and index pooled investment vehicles. The BlackRock Global Funds (BGF) range which is registered and distributed in over 22 countries across the EMEA region as our flagship offering, designed to meet the needs of a $2.37 trillion cross-border retail investment market. A UK-domiciled Authorized Unit Trust range (BFM) is also distributed in the UK to serve the needs of our domestic UK client base. In addition to its core mutual fund business, EMEA Retail aims to deliver bespoke, outcome-oriented investment portfolios to strategic partners across the region, often acting as an outsourced portfolio manager on behalf of our largest distributors.
In your role as an Assistant Relationship Manager you will be a critical member of the UK Sales team with a focus on Insurance & Platform clients. The Team provides investment solutions to Insurers, Platforms and Distributors who use BlackRock within their DC and Retail Investment propositions.
You will work alongside the senior relationship managers in driving new business and maintaining existing business, joining client meetings to represent the firm and owning your own contacts with our key clients. You will work closely with the other UK Sales teams to deliver investments for different types of financial intermediaries (DC Schemes , Asset Managers, Wealth Managers, IFA’s and Execution Only/Discretionary Platforms), with the help of the client service management team.
You will be working within a team environment with multiple sales professionals, service teams, product strategists, portfolio managers, and researchers across multiple offices.
- Work closely with lead relationship managers on allocated client relationships (predominantly insurance companies and platforms), to seek out mandates and opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials and deliver them internally and externally.
- Engage with clients on requirements relating to new fund links or investment mandates outsourced to BlackRock.
- Build and develop your own relationship networks with clients, including marketing, sales and operational departments.
- Assist with strategic sales/account planning and development alongside other UK Sales teams.
- Deputise for the relationship manager in their absence.
- Develop technical knowledge of clients' proposition to assist in suggesting mandate opportunities, new propositions and solutions.
- Understand regulatory changes and keep abreast of market trends.
- Engage with internal teams such as the other UK Sales teams, Strategic Partnerships Program, Consultant Relations, BlackRock Risk Solutions, Transitions Management, iShares, Cash, Financial Institutions and International sales teams to deliver ‘One BlackRock’ to clients and consultants.
- Respond to ad hoc queries and requests for information.
- Coordination of RFIs, RFPs, account opening forms, getting funds on platforms and relevant documentation.
Our clients distribute BlackRock product across multiple channels, including DC, Retail Advised and Direct to Consumer and have a significant focus on retirement. As such this role will deliver substantial value by offering;
- Exposure to a wide range of clients, both established market players and new entrants.
- Participation at the cutting edge of one of the fasting growing investment sectors in the UK market.
- Interaction with BlackRock’s portfolio management teams in fundamental, scientific/model-based and index strategies.
- Opportunity to build very broad product knowledge across multiple product ranges and vehicles.
- Working with teams from across BlackRock to deliver bespoke solutions to some of the firms largest clients.
- Access to EMEA training and development days for sales teams – learning about new products and investment ideas.
- Opportunity to work in a focus area for the firm.
Given the broad distribution channels we do not expect applicants to have all the following attributes, however, one or more would certainly be advantageous;
- Experience working with insurance companies and financial intermediaries
- Good knowledge of the client landscape in the UK Retail (Advised and Direct to Consumer) marketplace, in particular life companies and platforms.
- Good knowledge of the UK DC marketplace from both an investment and operational perspective.
- Good understanding of investments, pooled funds and sub-advisory mandates.
- Experience in sales or sales support, working directly with clients.
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels and functions; can work through difficult problems and in conflict situations
- The successful candidate will need to have strong analytical capabilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to drive both strategic vision and program execution
- Proven track record with successfully managing multiple work streams within rapid timelines
- Skilled at developing and translating strategic concepts/discussions into PowerPoint
- Able to present and layout clear analysis alongside concise recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use hypothesis-based problem solving to answer key business questions
- Proactive self-starter
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Extremely strong team player
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.