US GAAP - Senior Fund Accountant (8+ Years Experience) - New Investment House
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Interim
- 15 Aug 17
This is a permanent position. We have been mandated by one of our Real Estate investment clients to hire a Senior Fund Accountant on a permanent basis. If you're a Fund Accountant (at least 4 years post qualification) with experience in the Real Estate space this could be a good option. The client is a small investment house, they work across Europe. US GAAP is a must have.
- Overseeing timely, accurate management accounts for each SPV and consolidating for the fund as a whole
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, income statements and cashflow statements accordingly for SPVs.
- Managing the business cashflow and optimizing working capital requirements for each SPV.
- Liaising with external auditors to prepare statutory accounts.
- Managing relationships with account holding banks and reporting on covenants.
- Liaising with and preparing tax reporting (VAT, corporate) and liaising with tax consultants to structure vehicles and implement guidance.
- Managing budgets and forecasting.
- Managing own budgetary controls and cost management strategy.
- Co-ordinating and liaising with external company directors to manage the administration of group entities.
- Implementing, reviewing and improving financial processes and systems.
- Paying bills and organising accounts payables and receivables
- Implementing drawdowns / capital statements for Fund I
- Assisting with portfolio management / returns analysis
- Monitoring asset performance vs. underwriting
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent from a good accountancy firm/ business (preference for Big 4)
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a Fund accountant / Financial Controller level role (in addition to at least 3 years’ experience at an accountancy firm)
- Relevant experience at a well-recognised real estate fund would be a big plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP is a must.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Excel financial modelling courses would be a big plus)
- Ideally graduated from a Russell Group university
- Hard-working with an ability to work in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment
- Full-time role available immediately
- Short notice period – role will start ASAP.