- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IG Group
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
- 16 Jul 19
IG empowers informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, the company puts client needs at the heart of everything it does.
IG’s vision is to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. Established in 1974 as the world’s first financial spread betting firm, it continued leading the way by launching the world’s first online and iPhone trading services.
IG is now an award-winning, multi-platform trading company, the world’s No.1 provider of CFDs* and a global leader in forex. It provides leveraged services with the option of limited-risk guarantees, and offers an execution-only share dealing service in the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Ireland, Austria and the Netherlands. IG has recently launched a range of affordable, fully managed investment portfolios, to provide a comprehensive offering to investors and active traders.
It is a member of the FTSE 250, with offices across Europe, including a Swiss bank, Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the US, where it offers on-exchange limited risk derivatives via the Nadex brand.
*Based on revenue excluding FX (from published financial statements, October 2016)
UX DesignerJob Title
You'll be working with collaborative design and development specialists to help create our next generation iOS trading apps.
With a high degree of support and psychological safety from the team and the business to be able to challenge assumptions, be ambitious, and try new ways of working.
The design team are well established experts in their field with a deep and wide range of experience and love of design, and we're looking forward to learning as much from you as you do from us.
How you'll progress
Your development is as important to us as it is to you. You'll be rewarded for hard work here, with support to get better at what you do.
We work in a fast-paced project environment where change is constant. If you're up for the challenge, you'll have opportunities to try new things and broaden your skills quickly through exposure to the executive team and new experiences.
Ability / Expertise
1. Setting design strategy for projects to support user and business outcomes
2. At least five years' experience designing mobile digital products, systems, apps, or software using UCD methods.
3. Communicate design ideas clearly, with rationale.
4. The ability to uncover insight - not just to accept what you hear at face value, but to drive towards unarticulated needs, whether it's from users of a system or business stakeholders
1. Degree to Masters' level in an associated field: Software design, HCI, Ergonomics, Psychology, Graphic design, etc
2. Qualitative research experience: conducting and facilitating user research.
3. Quantitative research: analysing use of a service, statistical analysis.
4. Experience, knowledge, or interest in the financial world.
We're looking for tenacious, curious, eager and open-minded people to help us maintain our industry leadership. People who embody our three core values - who want to champion the client, lead the way and love what we do.
This will be a busy role in a team so the successful candidate's behaviours will need to strongly aligned to our values:
• Champion the client: customer service is a passion, cultivates trust, has clarity and communicates well, works with pace and momentum
• Lead the way: innovative and resilient, strong learning agility and curiosity
• Love what we do: Conscientiousness - has high self-discipline, carefulness, thoroughness and organisation, Flexible and adaptable
Number of openings