Underwriting Performance analyst
Underwriting Performance Analyst
Are you a part qualified, recently qualified auditor looking for something slightly different to showcase your skills?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading insurance business based in the city of London.
Working alongside all underwriting teams to drive technical excellence, you will assist the Head of Group Underwriting Services (GUS) overseeing Underwriting Governance and performance management.
Key areas of responsibility (but not limited to) Underwriting Performance
- Developing a strong understanding of the Group's underwriting performance with the support from the Data & Analytics team, and undertaking detailed analysis of the drivers of the performance
- Preparing clear and insightful articulation of the Group's performance relative to plan/prior year for the Underwriting Committee, Executive Committee and the Board
- Supporting the GUS team in ensuring that underwriters adheres to standard best practice procedures in an effort to drive efficiency and reduce costs
- Early identification of problem areas of underwriting and claims performance, and managing resolutions with key stakeholders
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical individual with an insurance background gained through working in Finance, Actuarial, Risk or Underwriting. Further relevant education (e.g. ACII, ACA or equivalent) is desirable
- Experience in using data analytics and proficient user of Microsoft Office Applications (Advanced Excel, Access and Power BI knowledge is desirable)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships across the business
- Strong understanding of underwriting processes, controls and related performance metrics
- Experience in presenting and discussing information in a logical, professional and objective manner and to manage discussions to effectively build consensus and drive forward looking actions