Upgrade Project Manager, SaaS Operations, Charles River Development, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are seeking Project Managers to lead the process of upgrading a portfolio of our clients on a yearly recurring basis. The Project Manager is responsible for multiple aspects of the project including the sign-off of customer requirements and delivery deadlines, communication with key stakeholders and internal management, management of internal and external project resources, and managing the project budget and schedule. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of Project Management experience gained in the financial industry working for a consultancy or software vendor. Experience managing projects with Front, Middle or Back Office Investment Management systems in a SaaS environment is highly desirable. However, candidates with exceptional Project Management skills who have successfully led enterprise-level SaaS projects will definitely be considered. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Project Manager you will
What we value
- Utilize the Charles River Upgrade Methodology to successfully upgrade the Charles River Investment Management Solution(CRIMS). You will be responsible for managing the progress of the projects to meet deliverable and go-live dates.
- Drive effective and impactful communication related to program activity. Serve as the point person for the program team and establish yourself as a partner for client stakeholders. Actively manage issues, risks and decisions.
- Establish appropriate project governance to facilitate project reviews and ensure relevant issues are resolved at the appropriate level in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with your project team to set and manage stakeholder expectations around scope, schedule and budget. You will be responsible for managing and communicating issues to clients and internal stakeholders. You will also be the first level of escalation for all project issues.
- Organize a team with the required skills for a successful project while providing our team members with appropriate opportunities for professional growth. Contributing to the development of our SaaS Operations team is critical as we scale to meet our firm's sales growth.
- Manage internal and external resources involved in the project. This requires the ability to rally and lead a team comprised of Charles River professionals and customer resources.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs and projects while building relationships with stakeholders.
- Improve CRD's Upgrade methodology and build a library of standard project plans, collateral, and tools that are mapped to each phase of the upgrade methodology.
- Evaluate and leverage collaboration technologies such as SharePoint and corporate social media to leverage experts and expertise throughout the organization.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A strong record of customer service. The Project Manager will need to understand customer needs and build effective relationships. The candidate must be able to convey plans, issues and concerns to clients and team members in a clear, logical and concise manner. They will need to also be able to influence key decision makers both internally and externally.
- Must be customer driven, have the ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills. Candidate must be able to create and manage a complex project plan in an efficient and timely manner.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
- A few years Project Management experience leading the implementation of mission-critical financial solutions. Experience in the implementation in a SaaS environment is especially valuable.
- Project Management certification such as PMP or PRINCE2 and a strong knowledge of project management methodologies and tools as well as an ability to apply the appropriate techniques to the unique circumstances of each customer is highly desirable.
- Substantial number of years of working in a SaaS environment.
About State Street What we do.
- The ability to travel to client sites throughout the United States as well as the ability to work remotely effectively.
- Bachelor's degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers