User Exp Designer
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. Position Purpose:
You are a talented Senior User Interface Designer with a strong understanding of what constitutes best in class experiences. With a demonstrable high level of commerciality in your decision-making process, you are able to evidence that maximum value is gained from the work you deliver; confident in applying these skills at a range of altitudes - from large, enterprise initiatives through to more detailed and specific experience optimisations. You will be responsible for ensuring that the digital products you're accountable for will continue to meet the needs of both our clients and associates across all regions, in support of our overall Global Distribution goals.
Familiar with all phases of the digital product lifecycle, you will be engaged with and contribute fully to all stages; navigating the problem space or strategic objective through to concepting, design, deployment and ongoing operational activities. Adept at working in both an agile, lab-style environment as well as large-scale production and delivery environments, you will play a key role in transforming our company's digital capability, culture and the way we work, using user-centred and Design Thinking methods to serve our global customers. Overview:
Whether delivering solutions for external clients and prospects or internal associates, you will develop a strong empathy for the users you are crafting experiences for.
You will translate any insight you have into actionable design ideas and criteria, crafting design concepts that meaningfully improve the user experience of those products. Able to take your concepts from paper or whiteboard sketches through to high fidelity, detailed design prototypes that allow developers to fully understand the detail behind your proposals. You are a confident presenter, adept at explaining user needs and design ideas to a range of stakeholders to drive alignment and buy in on the initiatives you are accountable for.
You will support the Design Manager to drive adoption of the T. Rowe Beacon global design standards in any work you are accountable for, identifying opportunities to supplement these best in class standards with high fidelity design prototypes to bring the standards to life. You will have a good working understanding of SEO and Accessibility considerations, and will understand what's required to create fully immersive, mobile optimised experiences.
As part of a growing digital team, you have the opportunity to contribute fresh ideas and approaches, in partnership with our embedded agency designers, digital experience consultants, product owners and technical teams. You will support the Design Manager with setting the benchmark for and delivering work against quality and suitability measures, to ensure our digital products and services don't only remain fit for purpose, but offer enriched, optimised and industry leading experiences. Day to day you can expect to:
Personal Attributes/ Skills/ Qualifications:
- Develop compelling and innovative interactive experiences that solve for customer needs enhance customer relationships.
- Work in a collaborative environment with editorial, design, product owners, marketers and development teams to influence, define and produce effective and delightful user experiences.
- Contribute to GDEO Digital and global T. Rowe Beacon digital design standards and guidelines for ideal state approaches, methodologies, engagement models and implementation practises
- Drive economies of scale in the work you deliver throughout our digital estate
- Build relationships and partner with shared service teams to ensure the consistent and successful delivery of the experiences to meet our digital vision
- Create and document specifications and solutions including storyboards, designs, interactions and prototypes.
- Evolve the brand story by leveraging brand assets and personality to define the user experience, and maintain a cohesive brand presence across all touch points
- Maintain knowledge in web and mobile trends and best practices. Employ a combination of qualitative methods to understand customer behaviour and leverage testing to inform recommendations and measure solutions.
You will be at the top of your game with extensive, proven experience in delivering successful user-oriented experiences of the highest quality. You will be a high achiever looking for your next big challenge and aiming to make a difference within the organisation. The essential skills and qualities we will be looking for are:
- 5+ years' experience driving innovative and compelling front-end experiences for clients across multiple sectors, countries and languages
- Bachelor's degree in a design, human-computer interaction, visual communication, anthropology, psychology, or a related discipline (but equivalent professional experience is most valuable).
- Strong knowledge of user centred-design approaches and usability principles
- Outstanding information design skills with an acute ability to problem solve
- An inquisitive mind, staying current with many best-of-breed technologies
- Ability to prototype proficiently to a range of tools/ fidelities
- Proficiency of multimedia design tools including Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience using web analytics and research to drive design decisions
- Ability to analyse customer needs and define strategies for meeting needs
- Mastery of fundamental design disciplines such as layout, colour, and animation
- Ability to work within project teams in a collaborative, dynamic environment
- Able to compromise without undermining the core principles of a given design or implementation
- Professional client-relationship management skills and commitment to client service
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage/organize multiple tasks at once and deliver high-quality output every time, on time
Positive and constructive personality with a commitment to learning, sharing and coaching
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.