User Experience Designer - 12 months contract - London
User Experience Designer
We are seeking a number of User Experience Designers with experience working for large corporate organisations to join our design system team at JP Morgan in London on an initial 12 months contract.
We are looking for excited individuals to help expand our design system that can improve peoples' lives (at work) and achieve clear business goals. Our users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs (within an already complex industry) and so their tools must provide benefits without adding to that complexity.
The User Experience Designer (UX) role is an integral part of the team. Our UX'ers are co-owners of the design and identity of our next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel design system. Our user experience designers develop the design effort for our design system which produces components and patterns for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends.
Other responsibilities of UX'ers include the following:
- Create and evolve the design language for the products we work on while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem of product and design standards
- Help establish a culture of design within the group and among our stakeholders
- Collaborate with our cross disciplinary teams to transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfill on the promise of the design system
- Ensure your proposed designs are specified with the required level of detail (in the form of interaction behaviour and accessibility specs) to guide the process of design and development
- Take an active role in the quality assurance throughout development and deployment
- Actively support efforts to codify preferred and industry-appropriate design standards
Above all, candidates should be excited and motivated to create next-generation user interfaces applying expertise within the fields of Information Design, Interaction Design, and Data Visualization to develop compelling designs for our products and services.
Candidates should also have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Be a trained user experience and interaction designer who balances expertise in 'craft' with an academic interest in the relevant fields of Design (theories of visual perception and cognition, among other things)
- Leverages research skills, and awareness of the user and business goals, to imagine, illustrate, and help realize compelling functional interfaces
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- A team player with a positive attitude. You enjoy collaborating with others to achieve design goals. Comfortable taking and giving feedback to provide the best design solutions.
- Can skilfully represent the user experience design discipline, within a multi-disciplinary product team, when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors, and critics
- Enjoys new design challenges including those involving complex information, data visualizations, and interactivity
- Must be able to maintain healthy relationships with our business and technology partners
- Comfortable employing skills across all stages of the design and development process including conception, design, standardization, specification, and enforcement
- Is curious and resourceful and with that, able to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company
- Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products
- Be an exceptional multi-tasker who's quick and organized
- You stay up to date on the latest design trends and applications
Candidates must have:
- A proven track record creating design languages for interaction complex applications, sites, mobile et. al.
- A strong portfolio of work emphasizing depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive products/sites, and where possible data visualization.
- Extensive experience working in a professional capacity as a user experience designer on highly interactive and data rich applications