VAT Advisory Contract - Banking
- City of London
- Nov 15, 2021
- £400 - £450 pd
The ideal candidate will need to have a strong background in VAT advisory, preferably Manager level within the Big 4 or equivalent in-house.
This is an advisory focused VAT contract within the Indirect Tax team of a leading Banking organisation. This is a 12 month contract working closely with one of the Senior Managers in the team on their Country management and also their strategic technological programme.
The role will involve:
- Analysing the operating model in several EMEA locations
- Understanding, reviewing, and updating tax compliance procedures
- Providing input into the strategic technology programme to ensure it will facilitate a robust filing process in locations
- Developing a high level understanding of the products of the relevant lines of business relevant to the locations.
- Developing knowledge of local VAT regimes applicable to the relevant jurisdictions and transactions / products (both tax technical and practical).
- Advising/training internal stakeholders.
- Communicating VAT risks succinctly and clearly to non-tax colleagues.
- Escalating risks internally within the team as appropriate.
- Working with external tax advisors, as well as partnering internally with global Corporate Tax colleagues (including colleagues covering directs taxes) and non-tax colleagues (such as the Business, Legal, Finance, Operations etc.).
The ideal candidate will need to have a strong background in VAT advisory, preferably Manager level within the Big 4 or equivalent in-house. They will need to be ACA or CTA qualifiedwith a detailed understanding of UK/EU VAT principles, and ideally knowledge/experience of VAT issues specific to the FS sector.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.