- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 09 Nov 17 2017-11-09
We are looking for an experienced VAT Manager to develop and implement a global VAT strategy, encompassing Advisory, Compliance and Planning workstreams, providing appropriate support on key strategic and regulatory matters.
You will be the VAT/indirect tax specialist with respect, sharing best practice and representing pro-actively the Group's interests with Regulators and Government Agencies wherever HSBC operates. Effectively engage and implement the Group's streamlining strategy with respect to GB&M ensuring that VAT accounting and reporting processes are not only compliant but transparent and cost-effective.
You will be responsible for ensuring there is an effective Tax Risk Management and Assurance Framework in place. The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of Global Standards and Tax Transparency and for streamlining processes and procedures.
- Responsibility for proactively supporting the global business
- Develop, communicate and implement the VAT strategy for the business. Engage effectively with key stakeholders, driving change at pace
- Lead the cross-collaboration with global indirect tax key stakeholders for VAT
- Proactive identification and resolution of VAT issues within the business line and supporting the Head of VAT on wider issues affecting multiple business lines
- To continually reassess the VAT risks inherent in the business line, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings.
- Attending industry body meetings in place of Head of VAT where necessary of appropriate and managing wholly issues with such bodies where the key impact is on the Business
CTA certified - essential
ACA or equivalent relevant professional qualification - Nice to have
Communication skills - essential
IT literate - essential