Grade 10 (for internal purposes)
This position will assist Indirect Tax Director to manage S&P Global Inc. ('SPGI')'s indirect tax compliance in the EMEA region, including related statutory filings, audits and tax claims. ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage the preparation of UK VAT returns and payments, supporting work papers, and VAT accounting. In addition provide advice in respect of other UK VAT compliance issues and queries from HMRC and auditors
- Provide support to all local controllers and, where relevant, external advisors on the preparation and submission of local VAT returns as well as related audits
- Lead and manage the VAT obligations arising from the delivery of electronic services, and liaise with and guide business contacts to ensure that billing is performed in the most efficient manner
- Working with external advisor to manage VAT obligations in all applicable countries relating to international conference activities
- Act as the regional technical resource on the use of systems relating to VAT, including Oracle VAT modules for AR and AR and Thomson Reuters VAT compliance tool, and ensure a consistent approach to VAT accounting and reporting is taken in every country across the region
- Develop and maintain indirect tax accounting policies and procedures. Additionally, responsible for preparing and reviewing reconciliations of various indirect tax accounts
- Leads the development and implementation of T&E VAT recovery policies and procedures. Coordinate external advisors to manage all applicable VAT claims and related queries
- Assist the Indirect Tax Director with VAT advice on tax projects, M&A and Transfer Pricing; other analysis and research as appropriate
- Principal counsel to Accounts payable and Accounts receivable on all VAT related billing queries, including, but not limited to, coding, changes in rate and places of supply
SPGI comprises over 160 legal entities with clients in over 210 countries. The total revenues for the region is in excess of 1.5billion per year. The position will act as deputy to the non- US indirect Tax Director for the EMEA region, with the timely filing of indirect tax returns and the making of tax payments. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Recognised tax or accounting qualification e.g. ACCA or CTA (3-4 years tax experience).
- In-depth knowledge of indirect tax laws and regulations to assist business divisions in efficiently achieving their goals.
- Understands and applies knowledge of business divisions to optimize organisation's indirect tax strategy.
- Good knowledge of VAT Accounting.
- Experience in compiling VAT returns and claims in multiple countries.
- Ability to challenge standard practices appropriately, with the right level of gravitas and influence.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and experience of process improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, use own initiative, and work under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft office suite (especially Excel), also knowledge of Oracle
Position must be able to:
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve complex issues related to tax processes
- Recognize relationships between reports, accounts, processes and reconciliations in order to identify and resolve issues that can arise
- Identify and interact with various contacts to resolve issues
- Deal with international contacts across many cultures and languages.