VMWare Systems Administrator
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
We are looking for a Senior VMWare administrator to join the Platform Operatons Group within Enterprise Infrastructure Services currently located at One Angel Lane
We are looking for a Senior VMWare administrator to join the Platform Operatons Group within Enterprise Infrastructure Services currently located at One Angel Lane.
This is an exciting role - the successful candidate will be working as a part of the Global Support group in close collaboration with colleagues in Asia, India and America. The candidate must be a good team player, highly articulate, and able to work well in a high pressure and technically challenging environment. Good technical, communication and interpersonal skills are particularly important.
The candidate must be able to evolve with the role, learn new technologies and act as a 3rd line escalation for complex issues.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
- Provide operational leadership for the virtual platform (VMWare)
- Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for enterprise applications using the virtual platform
- Interpret and implement engineering standards and deployment methodologies
- Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment
- Develop infrastructure automation standards and procedures
- Mentor fellow engineers on technical issues, standards and procedures
- Assist in managing continuous improvement of delivery and operational practices
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years working as a VMWare administrator
- Administration and deployment of VMWare 5.x/6.x and vROPs 6.x
- Strong scripting skills including Powershell, Perl, Python, providing infrastructure automation.
- End-to-end understanding of systems development life cycle methodology
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of all critical Production Support processes
- Writing Technical and Operational documentation.
- In-depth understanding of the full VMWare suite including ESX/HA/DRS/VMotion, networking and storage VMotion
- In-Depth knowledge of VMWare tools and utilities, i.e. vRealize automation or operations manager
- Demonstrable experience of working within a highly scalable virtual systems, provision of performance tuning and optimisation
- Knowledge of complimentary virtual technologies, i.e. Hyper-V, KVM or cloud architecture beneficial
- Technical knowledge and appreciation of a wide range of UNIX Linux RHEL /Windows/Storage/Networking technologies and platforms (Cisco UCS, HP) is desirable