- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Sep 17
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Vice President - Senior Analyst, Strategy & Research (VP-SA/S&R) to join the Strategy & Research team within CSS in London.
Primary responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Lead and work with the analytics team to produce and update projections and stress tests for solvency metrics
- Proactively refine and develop the projection and stress testing approach, and leverage results for credit analysis and external investors
- Developing new quantitative metrics and analytics for the banking group, and in due course other rating groups
- Lead and or/project manage a number of bespoke analytic research projects on credit-relevant themes
- Act as a representative for the CSS function at external meetings and events as and when needed, including outreach and engagement activities
- Coach and develop junior members of the Strategy & Research team, providing guidance and oversight of their day to day work
- Liaise with the different rating groups and other groups as needed to achieve desired goals.
The Department / Team:
Within MIS, the Credit Strategy & Standards ("CSS") Group is tasked with, among other things, promoting consistency and quality in credit ratings globally. Because credit ratings are issued across sectors and regions, the CSS Group also operates globally and regionally across sectors or rating groups. Within CSS, the focus of the Strategy & Research team is to establish and drive MIS' cross-sector credit strategy and research agenda.
- Strong academic background with a first degree in an analytical subject. Postgraduate qualifications in Economics or Finance is advantageous.
- Experience in applying very strong knowledge and understanding of credit and/or macroeconomic principles via quantitative analysis and publications.
- Significant analytical experience gained from a financial institution, asset manager or public accounting firm.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to present an argument clearly and concisely, and tailor communication to an audience.
- Experience in managing and developing junior members of staff.
- Proven ability to be proactive and exercise own initiative; track-record of leading and delivering analytical research and projects.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute within a diverse team, managing own workflow and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong MS Office skills: principally Excel (including use of macros), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative skills & financial/statistical research experience; knowledge of econometrics (eg Eviews) would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written) is essential.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.