- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Oct 18
VP - Audit Manager Market Risk # 117910
Credit Suisse Internal Audit (IA) has a vision to be 'A compelling voice encouraging confidence in the ability of the Bank to deliver its strategy'. This vision challenges IA to go beyond providing traditional audit work by growing the commercial relevance and impact of assurance. IA is not looking to drive risk down to zero. IA needs to understand the risk/return trade off so that the Bank retains the optimum level of risk to deliver its strategy.
- Oversee a portfolio of Market Risk audits, demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritize completing commitments in order to ensure efficient delivery against agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrate effective risk awareness in order to ensure an appropriately targeted audit approach and emphasis of work performed.
- Identify key issues impacting businesses under review, presenting and agreeing with management practical recommendations and responses for the mitigation of associated risks. Identify potential solutions by exploring and analyzing diverse alternatives.
- Deep understanding of subject matter relating to Market Risk including: best practices, regulatory requirements and key control processes.
- Participate in the delivery of audit plan to ensure the use of sound risk management controls and regulatory compliance.
- Execution of a program of continuous risk monitoring (e.g. business developments, emerging risks and control issues).
Typical activities of an Internal Audit Manager will include:
- Effectively supervise and motivate audit teams, providing necessary oversight and guidance to ensure the audit is completed against relevant targets (e.g. budget, fieldwork timing, report clearance etc.).
- Responsible for or assist with the planning, scoping and managing of audits.
- Completion and documentation of assigned audit work within budgeted time constraints.
- Execute continuous risk monitoring and meet and advise business management of audit insight.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Experience in planning, scoping and running internal audits (minimum of 5 years) or experience is any other control or risk management role.
- Ability to operate autonomously, to drive a project/task forward and produce an end state product that can be presented to senior management with minimal required revision.
- Experience of understanding risk/audit issues and control matter as well as sound Market Risk expertise.
- Effective communication skills and experience of liaising across control areas. Ability to present risk concepts and issues in a simple and concise way to diverse groups.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- A degree-level education (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline - post graduate/professional qualifications within a relevant field (e.g. CPA, CA, CFA).