My client is a global financial services group. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced VP to join their Global Markets and Investment Banking business within their EMEA Operations Risk and Control function.
This role will have a specific focus on Operational Risk and Control for the Trade and Transaction Reporting space. I am looking for an experienced and credible VP with ideally some experience within Ops and a good level of knowledge around Transaction reporting and regs such as MiFID and EMIR.
The team is accountable for the application of the risk framework across Operations and providing independent oversight of Operations through regional / functional routines building to a comprehensive picture each month of the risk and control health of the divisions. The role provides an exciting opportunity to partner with Operations management and stakeholders from other corporate functions to continue to challenge and improve the Operations risk framework.
The high-profile priorities of the team comprise:
* Performing risk analysis and monitoring, including oversight of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process in Operations, and the development and enhancement of risk metrics.
* Issue management, including monitoring Operations risk events, providing appropriate challenge in the determination of required mitigating actions, monitoring actions through to completion.
* Oversight of KRI and challenge and ongoing management of SMR structure.
As a key member of the team, you'll gain exposure to senior management and our wider business in the region and globally. It's an agile, professional environment that will support your development as it demands excellence, encourages curiosity and rewards original thinking.
* Reporting directly to the EMEA Head of Operations Risk and Control.
* Accountable for the governance and oversight of EMEA Wholesale Operations functions across all asset classes.
* Ability to identify emerging risk and provide appropriate risk mitigating solutions.
* Maintenance of the reporting and governance framework including establishment of key risk and control forums and independent monitoring of relevant metrics.
* Independent oversight of risk registers, including the follow up of outstanding actions within the Operations functions.
* Provide independent challenge over activities taken to close remedial actions, include audit points.
* Driving forward the current risk framework and assist in the development of new risk management tools such as a next-generation technology such as new Key Risk Indicator tools.
* Perform read across of material issue to ensure lessons learnt are applied across the entire organisation and not just the team were the issue was identified.
* Liaising with global Risk and Control teams to support the global legal entity governance framework.
* Frequent interaction with other areas of the bank including the Front Office business sponsors, Operational Risk, Product Control, and Compliance.
* Coordination of assessment of impact of new products and process changes on the Operations Division.
* Experience Operations Banking professional, ideally with experience managing Operations line teams.
* Strong understanding of Operations Risk concepts and good control design.
* A good knowledge of Transaction Reporting and regulations such as MiFID II and EMIR.
* Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Detailed knowledge of front to back investment bank products and booking flows and the ability to challenge internal stakeholders.
* Ability to build and understand process flows in order to identify and evaluate controls.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as presentation skills.
* Excellent project management, business/data analysis skills.
* Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills Good knowledge of excel, including pivots, function and formulas.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: