VP, Compliance (UK Office)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BOC International
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
BOCI Global Commodities (UK) Limited is the clearing member of ICE Europe and LME, executes and clears commodity contract on and off exchanges worldwide. The Compliance Department is responsible for ensuring the company adheres to the UK regulatory and exchange rules, working on daily tasks and projects that help maintain our company remains regulatory compliant.
- Gather information and prepare responses to enquiries from the FCA and/or other EEA regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies;
- Communicate with ICE Europe, LME and CME etc. exchanges to full fill the exchange requirement as clearing member.
- Assist with transaction reporting and any other relevant reporting requirements;
- Drafting, updating and monitoring the company’s policies and procedures for relevant business areas;
- Deal with CDD/KYC reviews and client onboarding processes to ensure adherence to internal procedures, group policy and industry best practice;
- Conduct Compliance reviews, monitoring and market surveillance;
- Deal with internal compliance related enquiries about daily business development;
- Review and approve financial promotions or marketing material;
- Handle internal and external auditor enquiries and requirements;
- Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks at the request of the Compliance Officer or Senior Management
- Provide advice to the business and senior management for all regulatory matters in relation to Anti-Money Laundering /Counter Terrorist Financing (“AML/CTF”);
- Assist to implementing effective AML/CTF measures and control in accordance with the Company directives and the UK regulations;
- Perform on-going transaction monitoring;
- Assist with identifying and investigating any suspicious transactions so that escalation and reporting can be made to senior management, and relevant authorities in timely basis;
- Identify any emerging risks from ML/TF and propose recommendations / rectifications to senior management for resolution; and
- Conduct regular training to keep abreast the staff’s awareness on ML/TF issues as well as regulatory changes.
- Strong knowledge of the UK & EU regulatory regime, including MIFID 2, EMIR, GDPR and the Senior Management Regime, etc.
- Familiar with the FCA conduct requirements
- An in depth understanding of Exchange rules, particular ICE Europe, LME and CME
- Experience within Compliance at a regulated financial institution, or with a regulator
- Able to deal with transaction and trade reporting regulatory guidance
- Decent knowledge of AML/KYC regulations and understanding of the requirements for risk-based approach to on-boarding
- Client money rules expertise
- Strong analytical skills to use data/metrics for risk monitoring as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Proficiency in Chinese language (both read and write)
Please apply in strict confidence with full resume, academic record, current and expected salaries.
(The personal data provided will be used for consideration of recruitment only. All personal data of unsuccessful candidatee will be destroyed within six months.)