We seek an ambitious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated VP to join our expanding finance team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to advance their career within a highly successful and innovative investment management business.
Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded in 1997, Winton’s business is grounded in the belief that the scientific method can be profitably applied to the field of investing. The firm aims to help savers and institutional clients meet their investing goals by building intelligent, long-term investment systems that evolve as markets change. Winton employs more than 400 people in nine offices around the world and manages approximately $30 billion of assets for many of the world’s largest pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, banks and fund platforms.
We seek an ambitious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated VP to join our expanding finance team. Your experience of new financial system implementation will be leveraged as we migrate to new software and continue to improve processes and procedures. You will be someone who strives to attain new responsibilities and seeks continuous improvement from a personal and company perspective. This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to advance their career within a highly successful and innovative investment management business.
- To be the legal entity controller for the main group trading entity
- Assisting in the monthly management accounting and group consolidation process with a view to improving all management information processes and reporting
- Review or preparation of ad hoc reporting for internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory capital, cash flow forecasting
- Audit liaison and statutory financial statement production
- Banking and cash management ensuring the efficient management of liquidity to ensure each entity is able to meet its obligations when they fall due, including monitoring FX exposures
- Participation in reporting relating to group tax compliance in all jurisdictions
- Supervisory oversight of Associates
- Project work, including involvement in new business initiatives as the company expands
- Suggestions for, and implementation of, improvements to the finance department processes and control framework
- These and any other responsibilities that may be reasonably requested
- ACA qualified accountant
- Corporate and partnership accounting
- Significant hedge fund or asset management industry experience
- Experience of Workday implementation would be advantageous
- Confident with technology, spreadsheets and on-line banking systems
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Articulate with first rate written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail but also ability to stand back and provide strategic direction
- Able to challenge the status quo