FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
VP EMEA Relationship Manager
EMEA Relationship Manager VP My client, a tier 1 investment bank is seeking a high calibre, analytical individual who has experience in a similar role within a complex, global organisation to join their team as an EMEA Relationship Manager.
EMEA Relationship Manager VP
My client, a tier 1 investment bank is seeking a high calibre, analytical individual who has experience in a similar role within a complex, global organisation to join their team as an EMEA Relationship Manager.
* The Relationship Management department sits within Data Services as part of the Client Operations function within Global Markets Operations. Data Services is made up of key groups;
o Legal entity and account maintenance
o Documentation Operations
o Client and Product Exits
o Data Analytics
* Data Management and the quality of data has firm wide focus and attention. A number of significant technology developments organisational change programmes for GBM are owned and managed by Client Operations.
* The primary focus of the role is to act as a Business partner and liaison between all internal Clients to data Services.
* The Relationship Manager is the conduit between multiple senior stakeholders and Operational groups across Global Banking and Markets.
* The Role requires managing relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders across the EMEA region. The role holder will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including front office, Legal, the Chief Data Office, the Financial Crime and Client group, Compliance, Regulation, Technology, Operations and Business leads.
* Working closely with all relevant key stakeholders and functional management, own relationships, understand expectations and strategies of stakeholders and how they can contribute to the overall Target Operating Model through best practise adoption, engagement and improvements
* Ensure process improvements and technology deliveries are prioritised on behalf of stakeholders, and manage their expectations appropriately for items that are unable to deliver to their expectations
* Ensure awareness of key legal and regulatory risks and how they impact processes and stakeholders.
* Partner with the Data Service and Client Operations teams to understand, drive and implement the departmental strategy
* Demonstrate strong leadership through engagements with key stakeholders
* Be an escalation point for significant, cross line of business, cross region issues and roadblocks.
* Building relationships with key stakeholders - GBM wide and owning these relationships from a Data Services perspective. Owning relationships outright with stakeholders such as heads of sales & trading desks and business management functions, traded risk, compliance, regulatory teams, Chief Data Office, Operations regional heads.
* Talk credibly to any number of key initiatives and regulations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate comes from a relationship management or client services background
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and able to build and maintain relationships at all levels and across different cultures
* Proven ability to build relationships with front to back stakeholders by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers and consultants
* Outstanding written / verbal communication and presentation skills
* Experience of working in a highly-matrixed environment, and accustomed to bridging the gap between disparate organisations and cultures
* Business management and business acumen
* Strong analytical, logical decision making, negotiation and influencing skills
* Strong capacity to assimilate other stakeholder perspectives and fast learning abilities
* Attention to detail whilst seeing the bigger picture
* Familiarity with global standards and key regulations
* Good understanding of Investment Banking, Securities, Banking Products and Services are required. Some experience or exposure to onboarding, clients or data management / entity management is desirable.
* Experience in a similar role in a large investment bank
* Relevant degree qualification
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick