VP Strategy & Influence
- £80-90k DOE
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- The M-Wek Company
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
The M-Wek Company are currently searching for a VP Strategy & Influence, on behalf of a Banking Group in London.
This is a newly created position, to work in a strategic role designed to get global business leaders across the entire banking franchise on the same page strategically, as part of the group’s wider strategic objectives, and to align global business leaders across the entire banking group.
This is an opportunity for somebody who demonstrates excellent influential abilities, as you have the role of working with senior MDs and stakeholders, to ensure that everybody is on the same page on all set strategy, and helping them to deliver the same story. This means you will need to be able to influence senior Ex Co and the conversations that they are having, and to help align business functions and strategic initiatives which are being executed differently, across the different regions.
- Influencing and driving the conversations of senior MDs and stakeholders
- Ensuring that global functions are talking and aligning
- Facilitating communications within the COO
- Writing and editing content based on Global Operations & Businesses’ priorities and agendas, tailoring to ensure effective story-telling and delivery, and supporting transformation
- Helping to shape the COO and Global Operations brand
- Ensuring quality of delivery
The pace of change, global scale, seniority of stakeholders and necessary conciseness make this an exciting challenge for the successful candidate. Strong influencing abilities and gravitas will be needed – you need the ability to be able to influence and present to the board and Ex Co clearly and confidently.
The role would suit someone perhaps from a McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company,
Boston Consulting Group type organisation or from a Big 4 such as Deloitte. Equally the role could suit someone within Banking in a strategic position where influencing people to a common theme is a major part of their day job. This is not a technical role per se but you will be astute when it comes to the strategic objectives of the company.
You must demonstrate:
- Gravitas and influence
- Ability to present, information gathering skills
- Ability to create complex packs
- High quality of content and delivery
- Emotional intelligence
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Knowledge on governance
- Ability to articulate, engage and define strategy
- Exceptional project management skills
- Analyse and interpret minutes, objectives and templates
- Be driven and action oriented
- Marry data to action
- Test initiatives
For an informal, confidential chat please get in touch with Ella Howick.