We are working with a top tier Asset Manager in the UK market who looking for a Validation Actuary (6 month contract) to join their Risk team and report directly to the Chief Actuary. This opportunity would be ideal for qualified actuaries with several years of post-qualification experience.
The role sits within the Risk team, assisting the validation of the firm’s existing capital model. In particular, the role supports the development of new risk modules as part of the extension of the firm’s partial internal model, transitioning to a full internal model under Solvency II.
The individual should have recent experience and understanding of internal model development or internal model validation, for a life company, while maintaining an understanding of the key rules and regulations. The ideal candidate possesses accomplished technical skills and is able to successfully work across a range of different risk types. Additionally, the candidate should be at ease operating in a Line 2 validation position, be able to clearly demonstrate good interpersonal skills, and be able to communication complex output in a clear, accessible format.
- As part of the existing Risk validation team, work alongside the internal model development team to validate a number of risk modules as part of the firm’s internal capital model.
- Relay the results with the model developers, reviewing and discussing them in depth and agreeing action plans.
- Producing draft reports and sharing the validation results with senior management and the relevant committees.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills are required for this role.
- Adept communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to explain complex issues to senior audiences (condensing complex information into accessible formats where required).
- A familiarity with Solvency II requirements in particular is essential, as they relate to model development and validation.
- Very good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with the first line model developers
- Competent Excel skills are expected.
- Specific modelling software knowledge is not required.
- Must be independent and self-sufficient, able to manage own workload, including planning for deliverables in order to support overall project plan.
- An ability to work flexibly as the project develops.
£800-900 per day, 6 month contract. Dependent on experience.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.”