Valuation Product Control Assistant Manager
- £55,000 - £65,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Hamlyn Williams
- 09 Aug 18 2018-08-09
In this role, you'll be reporting to the Senior Manager of the Valuation Production team this role provides you with regular exposure to Front Office, Accounting, Change, Commercial Banking areas so the ability to influence and work with a variety of stakeholders is critical. You’ll also need to demonstrate experience of establishing effective links across Divisions within a large, complex organisation and delivering genuine and creative insight by through data and financial analysis.
- You would deliver valuation numbers for the company's internal loan asset portfolio and review and challenge the valuations for other various asset classes to the TPA.
- You would naturally need to possess an understanding of asset valuation and drivers of valuation.
- You will communicate your analysis and findings including MI presentation to the Head of Valuations and a number of steering groups and committees so excellent interpersonal skills are critical.
- You would also review current processes and challenge where inefficiencies arise such that improvements can be made to the business valuations overall operating model.
- Substantiation of asset and derivative valuations
- Loading and controls around current positions and cash flows for internal loan positions and structured vehicles like SPV’s
- Production of valuation and valuation uncertainty outputs and validation to ensure correctness
- Documentation of valuation issues including summarization and presentation of these and valuation metrics to departmental colleagues
- Documentation of key controls over valuations, assisting in the ownership of Fair Value Pricing Policy and compliance with all other applicable group policies.
- Act as subject matter expert within the new product, new business and process improvement projects and build strong collaborative relationships with business teams, valuation production teams and with methodology, technology, actuarial and other specialist functions within the organisation
- Credible representative to assist in explaining asset and derivative valuations and valuation controls to regulators, auditors and internal risk functions.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Experience of asset and derivative valuations from within an Independent Valuation, Product Control, Valuation Control, Risk or Valuation consultancy environment
- Financial / Numerically based qualifications, at a minimum to the equivalent of a graduate level
- Good working knowledge of financial markets and products (OTC derivatives, bonds, equities, illiquid loans as well as structured instruments and vehicles)
- Able to understand and critique complex calculations, able to communicate effectively with valuation experts and explain complex issues to a non-technical audience
- Skills in liaising with a portfolio of partners and operating as a credible contact point for internal and external supervisory functions
- Able to collaborate effectively across varied teams in multiple offices
- Track record of being able to work under own initiative and handle deliverables to meet tight deadlines as part of regular reporting cycles.
My client is looking to interview ASAP. For more details, apply now.