Vendor Management & Risk Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PURPOSE
Using discretion and judgment, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operational requirements of the MFS Vendor Management Program and in ensuring the compliance of program requirements across all MFS business units is consistent. This includes: maintaining accurate vendor records; assisting vendor owners with the due diligence process; assessing vendor responses; compiling data for management reporting; and communicating and resolving issues related to the Program. Additionally, using discretion and judgement, assist in completion of day-to-day tasks, operational risk reporting and ad-hoc projects related to enterprise risk management programs including the Model Risk, Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Insurance Programs. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately maintain vendor records and vendor reporting to ensure compliance with all related recordkeeping policies and practices . Ensure others are maintaining their records related to the Vendor Program similarly.
- Coordinate the Vendor Program requirements for business units throughout the enterprise, including but not limited to: initiating periodic due diligence in a timely manner; tracking the receipt of due diligence documentation; reviewing documentation to ensure requirements are met; and managing related systems.
- Establish and maintain robust relationships with business owners, management and ERM team members to ensure requirements of the Vendor Program are understood and consistently applied across the enterprise.
- Provide education to business owners as needed to ensure compliance with the Vendor Program. Serve as subject matter expert on the Vendor Program. Pro-actively address communication and education issues with vendor owners as well as ERM team members on Vendor Program requirements, changes, initiatives, etc.
- Work with senior management, business units, external vendors, etc., and conduct meetings to facilitate resolution of questions and concerns.
- Assist in the review of vendors' third party control reports (SOC) to ensure adequate scope of services and to identify any potential control gaps. Presents findings to management in a clear, concise manner, and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Partner with the Business Continuity Team to ensure that BC requirements relating to vendors and the Program are met.
- Support with project management of the RCSA process, including initiation, tracking, risk and control updates and summarization of results.
- Assist with drafting and validating of RFP and DDQ responses, regarding MFS ERM Programs and reporting .
- Review, analyze and track trade errors and operational risk events reported to ERM to ensure accurate reporting;
- Assist in the development of materials for risk updates across the enterprise, for various MFS Boards and to MFS' parent company, Sunlife Financial Inc.
- Support departmental initiatives for process improvements and enhancements to the ERM Programs.
- Keep abreast of industry enterprise risk practices and provide recommendations for improvements to the ERM programs
- Participate in special projects related to departmental goals as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related area or equivalent experience.
- Professional level experience, preferably in a vendor oversight, enterprise or operational risk role.
- Must be self-motivated, thorough, detail-oriented and persistent. Must be able to function with a high degree of independence.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, communication, team-working and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must take ownership of delivery of activities while operating in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects while meeting competing deadlines.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Ability to interact effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, including senior management.
- Must be proficient in MFS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to develop proficiency in required systems.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."