Venture Capital Funds Financial Controller
- £60k-£65k, Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Maldon Partners
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
Funds Financial Controller position with leading well established venture capital investor in the West End.
Maldon Partners are currently recruiting for a boutique venture capital firm based in the West End. Our client have approximately £1bn of assets under management and are searching for a funds financial controller to take full responsibility for all aspects of internal and external reporting for the two funds they manage.
The successful candidate will work closely with the existing finance team and investment managers, as well as external VCT directors, accountants, lawyers and advisers. The candidate will be expected to develop the existing role and take on additional reporting and administrative responsibilities as the business expands.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts and board papers for VCT board meetings;
- Collation and review of investment valuation papers for quarterly internal valuation meetings;
- Preparation of listed company annual accounts, half year reports and other periodic reporting;
- Provision of company secretarial services to the VCTs, supported by external advisers;
- Controlling year end audit process and liaison with auditors, tax advisors and VCT advisers;
- Assistance in preparation of fundraising prospectuses in accordance with UK listing rules;
- Developing accounting and administration reporting and control processes;
- Development of investor reporting;
- Ensuring integrity and timely analysis of investment information;
- Analysis and development of investment reporting function; and
- Assistance in all aspects of finance and operations processes as necessary.
Applicants will ideally be qualified accountants with experience of accounting for Venture Capital or Private Equity funds.