Vice President - European Equities
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Based in the City of London, we are a long established and prestigious Sovereign Wealth Fund with substantial global assets under management. We are currently seeking an Equities investment manager specialising in European markets to join our dedicated team of performance focused portfolio managers. This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate with a proven background in European markets. The job holder will manage part of the European equity portfolio with the aim of outperforming the relevant indices within the investment policies of the Office.
Principal responsibilities will include:
• Successfully manage sectors and securities with an emphasis on outperforming the relevant benchmarks by stock and sector selection.
• Actively monitor markets and conduct fundamental analysis on stocks and sectors to ensure that all equity investment decisions are based upon sound investment analysis and are within the Office’s agreed investment policies.
• Represent the Office effectively in dealings with external third parties and associated organisations.
• Manage part of the European portfolio, optimising risk adjusted returns.
• Support other Fund Managers across the investment department.
Successful candidates will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree with an additional qualification in investment management: CFA or equivalent qualification.
• 7 years’ experience in institutional fund management in European equities and can effectively demonstrate a good performance track record.
• A good understanding of modern portfolio theory, risk management and quantitative techniques.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Bloomberg, Excel, PowerPoint and other financial software packages
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.