We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of the Department:
Business Management within the Secondary Markets Business supports the Front Office Department Heads across a variety of different areas including:
- Business Strategy
- Cost Management
- Front Office Supervision
- Front Office Controls
The Front Office Supervision and Controls team is responsible for the oversight of the Front Office Supervision framework and governance of operational risks and controls within the EMEA Global Markets business.
Main purpose of the role:
Oversight of the Front Office Supervision framework and governance of operational risks and controls within the EMEA Global Markets business. The main responsibilities are:
- Supporting FO teams to allow for effective supervision and oversight of their risk and control environment.
- Providing assurance to governance committees (e.g. Front Office Supervisory Committee) and 2nd/3rd line teams that the relevant policies and frameworks are being adhered to by Front Office individuals - via production of summary reports, collation of attestations, etc
- Provide support and training to FO for all Operational Risk and Control requirements.
- Develop and maintain FO Operational Risk processes, controls and reports.
- Assist FO to capture/document operational risk incidents and any associated actions – help to ensure FO-owned actions are resolved in a timely manner
- Review and assess key hand-offs with support functions to assess whether the correct data is being captured by the Front Office (trade execution and booking), for consumption downstream and/or externally.
- Develop and maintain FO Supervision Dashboard and associated reporting
- Oversight and monitoring of the FO Supervision framework:
- Ensure Supervisors have a current and accurate Supervisory Plan;
- Ensure consistency with Organisational charts and Job Descriptions;
- Ensure Supervisors have the tools/data required to perform their roles effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of operational risk practices
- Good knowledge of Secondary Markets Business practices
- Good knowledge of Derivative products
- Previous experience facing off to, or directly supporting, a Secondary Markets Business
- Compliance Advisory or Risk Management experience would be useful
- Experience as part of a FO regulatory implementation project.
- Front Office Supervision or Controls knowledge/experience useful
- Front Office exposure through previous roles (in Business or as part of a Business facing team)
Skills and experience:
- Ability to quickly understand the local nuances regarding systems and internal relationships between departments
- Risk management and control mindset
- Firm grasp of current regulatory requirements
- Pragmatic and practical approach to the implementation and application of regulations
- Understanding of risk management and risk mitigation approaches
- Experience of data aggregation and MI creation from low level data; trend analysis
- Additional industry qualifications would be useful (risk, compliance, regulatory)
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.