Automation Engineer (Marquee - VP) Global Markets Engineering is looking for a senior server-side developer to work on a strategic initiative to offer pricing, quoting and execution on the Goldman Sachs Marquee platform. This platform will be used by our trading and sales teams and directly by our clients.
The candidate should have experience and interest in building a large scale distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. They should also have commercial experience in Java or another object oriented language.
The successful candidate will join a team of talented developers working on this highly visible and prestigious project. How will you fulfil your potential?
- Builds a unified world-class platform for pricing, quoting and execution in various FICC derivatives products.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
- Works with global teams on projects that will have global impact
- Proactively engages with stakeholders through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) of the projects
- Brings innovative thoughts and new ideas to the table
- 5+ years of professional object oriented development experience
- Experience in building and maintaining distributed systems
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
- Extensive experience with automated testing, DevOps and continuous deployment
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Comfortable multi-tasking, speaking with stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Elastic, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity