Vice President, Advisory Compliance
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides client focussed advice. It understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions in order to champion our clients' interests.
- Collaborating with the business to position Compliance centrally into their daily work.
- Ensuring that client interests are at the centre of everything we do.
- Cultivating and enhancing the compliance culture within BlackRock.
- Providing thought leadership, analysis and advice on the impact of the regulatory framework on the business and its clients.
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Vice-President to join our Investment & Trading Compliance team, which includes supporting our EMEA Fixed Income, Cash and Credit businesses. This position will complement an existing team of expert compliance professionals based in London.
The Investment and Trading Compliance Team provides professional compliance advice and oversight to the various Investment and Trading business divisions within BlackRock. This role focuses on BlackRock's Fixed Income, Cash and Credit businesses. This role includes advice and oversight in relation to all aspects of the business including product.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 7 years relevant experience within a leading investment/fund manager and will have gained expertise in Fixed Income, Credit and Cash products as well as providing timely and value-added regulatory advice. A demonstrably successful record in collaborating with product development, legal and investment professionals would be a distinct advantage. The successful candidate will exhibit strong partnership, technical regulatory and relationship management skills. The strength of character to offer healthy challenge will be essential, as will be the ability to engage successfully with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
A highly-motivated self-starter, the successful candidate will demonstrate sound judgment, excellent technical and regulatory knowledge, a strong team ethic, combined with high energy, enthusiasm, resilience, tenacity, diplomacy and relationship management skills. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Experience:
- Making a strong contribution to the team's provision of Line of Business Compliance support and oversight for the Fixed income, Cash and Credit businesses.
- Liaising with portfolio managers, dealers and other investment staff, to ensure the application of conduct of business requirements and BlackRock compliance policies.
- Liaising with BlackRock Global Capital Markets team on regulatory matters including advising on application of Information Barrier policy and managing restricted lists process.
- Advising and overseeing new business initiatives.
- Leading Compliance participation in Compliance or business-driven projects, including regulatory developments and strategic initiatives.
- Advising on and interpreting regulation and BlackRock policies in relation to investment decisions, issues and potential breaches.
- Contributing to the creation of management reporting and communication on Compliance matters to senior management, corporate boards, BlackRock business stakeholders and business Oversight Committees.
- Providing advice on the anticipation, impact assessment and response to regulatory development.
- Designing and delivering effective regulatory training initiatives to the business.
- At least seven years' experience within a control function within the asset management industry or Investment bank within Compliance or Legal.
- Ability to influence a highly-performing internal client base by delivering timely, credible, accurate and value-added advice.
- Able to consistently demonstrate high standards of professional accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivation, the ability to work autonomously and high energy levels.
- The technical ability and mindset to deliver a solutions-driven approach and the judgment to use this in appropriate circumstances.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise workloads, progress multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively both within the team and across functions.
- The strength of character to offer constructive challenge.
- High degree of familiarity with FCA handbook and regulatory regimes including but not limited to MiFID II, MAR, Securitisation Regulation, LIBOR transition, etc would be beneficial.
Experience in Compliance information gatekeeping process, dealing with Wall crossing requests, market soundings and handling of MNPI would be an added advantage Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.