If you are looking for a position in a highly dynamic, fast paced and ambitious organisation, then ARC Ratings is the place for you. This role will require lots of energy and suit someone who thrives off a challenge. We are looking for an experienced individual who will help lead ARC’s Corporate Finance Ratings Unit, responsible for ARC’s corporate rating activity in multiple jurisdictions.
ARC Ratings is a global credit rating agency providing risk solutions for business requirements. ARC Ratings is recognised as an External Credit Assessment Institution (ECAI) by the European Banking Authority, similar to other global participants in the credit rating market. In addition, our UK and European businesses are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) respectively.
ARC Ratings is headquartered in London with its main EU office in Lisbon, as well as additional staff strategically placed in European and African locations, such as Milan, Barcelona, Vilnius, Madrid and Johannesburg. Staffed by a combination of seasoned credit rating professionals, senior structured finance bankers and governed by an experienced Board of Directors, ARC Ratings’ strategy is to drive change in the credit rating industry, providing honest, reliable ratings that Issuers and Investors trust.
ABOUT THE JOB
The successful candidate will:
- Lead in analysis of Corporates ratings and assessments on a diversified portfolio of Corporates, including issuer meetings, reviewing press releases and written research reports;
- Lead in communication of rating discussions and rationale to market participants, including rating advisors, and issuer senior management;
- Represent ARC in in stakeholder meetings and conferences;
- Analyse excel financial tools and reports for different industries, building financial forecasts and writing or reviewing analytical commentary;
- Lead discussions involving recommendations for Corporates with a rating committee and communicate ARC's credit opinions externally for new Corporate ratings as well as review of existing ratings;
- Review, interpret and analyse Company's complex financial statements and management accounts;
- Work with ARC Head of Methodologies in review and developing methodologies in the Corporate Finance sector;
- Initiate and/or write ad-hoc sector commentaries and topical research and contribute to publishing research pieces on ARC's website;
- Attend meetings with clients and bankers to communicate ratings and their rationale to senior executives;
- Help develop and grow ARC Ratings Corporate Finance Unit by participating in management discussions and mentoring and developing other analysts in Corporate Ratings;
- Academic degree (BA/MSA/MBA or equivalent) in finance, corporate finance, accounting or other related field. Advanced degree/CFA/CPA beneficial.
- Multiple years (10+) of relevant experience in Corporate Finance or Accounting.
- Substantial knowledge of corporate finance, bonds, and different industries.
- Accounting background with focus on financial analysis and ability to interpret financial and management accounts using ratio analysis.
- Credit analysis experience and knowledge of corporate finance in various emerging markets beneficial.
- Possess credibility and gravitas to work effectively as a member of leadership team with the resilience to provide insight and challenge at Executive level.
- Strong organisational & presentation skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills; additional language skills beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
We are open to all applications within UK and Western Europe. This position has the potential to be a hybrid working mainly from home role.
Please send C.V.s and cover email to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 29th February 2024