Vice President Credit Department
- GBP75000 - GBP95000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 03 Oct 18
Vice President, within a team of 12 credit professionals covering large cap Corporate Credit portfolio, as well as Problem Asset management.
Description of Duties
- Portfolio of Corporate client credit connections, including Problem asset credits. Credit management is based on sector alignment, however, the portfolio will include sectors involving a heavier weighting to the German corporate market.
- Maintaining active focus on working with front office deal teams to ensure promise-keeping delivery to clients
- Proactively managing the interaction and communication with marketing officers, obtaining requisite information in order to complete the analysis, discuss and agree applicable conditions and instructions.
- Attend meetings with marketing officers, articulate CD risk perception and appetite for a transaction / counterparty in line with the bank's policies and procedures
- Assist other team members when less busy by taking work, particularly in times of strong work flow and absences, to ensure that the work is fairly distributed.
- Work collaboratively with other risk disciplines (market risk, operational risk, reputation risk) where appropriate to ensure enterprise wide view of risk is considered for a counterparty, portfolio, asset class etc.
- Extensive experience in a credit management role within major Tier 1 international bank(s).
- In depth experience of undertaking corporate credit analysis in a structured manner enabling clear identification and articulation of risk issues, and how these are mitigated
- In depth experience of engaging with front office professional to manage credit transactions from inception to close
- Providing appropriate challenge to front office on risk issues of a client / transaction, and developing suitable workable solutions
- Strong evidence of the ability to work independently in order to manage actively transactions deadlines, with early escalation to senior management of material issues.
- Partnering with key stakeholders, and influencing senior management both within the Credit Department and front office units.
- Preparation and / or analysis of appropriate forward looking projections to generate clear articulation of risk appetite
- Experience of problem asset management or work outs would also be an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of corporate loan products, trade finance products, and derivative products including appropriate documentation and current market trends.
- Strong German language skills, and knowledge of German corporate markets (large and mid-caps) is a key differentiator.
- Experience of a front office / marketing role and knowledge of key players in the corporate and trade finance market also is also an advantage
Specific Qualifications / Skills Required
- Degree level education or equivalent professional qualifications (eg: ACA, ACCA, ACT). Preference also for CFA qualification.
- Advanced level credit skills
- High level of IT literacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to support preparation of succinct, and focused credit papers
- Strong preference for candidate with high degree of German language fluency, and knowledge of the German corporate markets.
- Strong interpersonal / teamwork skills
Personal Characteristics / Other Information
- While committing to the team objectives, demonstrate personal accountability for delivery of personal actions
- Highly disciplined person with ability to form and express well reasoned arguments and to influence senior management
- Ability to seek and respond to guidance from CD colleagues in order to steer marketing staff in both new business development and to act as a credit gatekeeper detecting problem loans.
- Have a broad network of professional relationships within the financial / sponsor communities.
- Possess and maintain up to date knowledge of key trends in the corporate and trade finance market.
- Flexibility to get involved in ad hoc projects and have an open mind and attitude for any problem solving and change
- Strong problem solving skills, combined with positive "can-do" attitude
- Demonstrable ambition and clear desire to contribute to both personal and Bank's growth & development.
- Acts with highest standards of integrity and fairness to colleagues and clients