The Credit Office for EMEA (ECrO) is a credit division responsible for corporate banking credit for non-Japanese corporates, non-Japanese Financial Institutions (FIs) and non- Japanese Sovereigns (collectively Global Corporates). Its major functions are outlined as follows: Assessment and management of credit risks and related risks Assessment and management of country risks Management of problematic assets Monitoring, reporting and early action Portfolio analysis and management
Main Purpose of the Role
- To support the ECrO Group Heads and General Managers to develop and maintain a sound portfolio within the credit appetite of the EMEA region, and in line with regulatory requirements.
- To assess the credit of obligors in specific sectors/ regions and make recommendations on borrower ratings and transactions for decision-making by relevant senior management with discretionary authority.
- To partner with front and product offices and contribute to the development of divisional credit strategy for respective sectors/ regions.
- Work collaboratively with relevant business lines on business plans, establishing appropriate Risk Acceptance Criteria (RACs), credit policy and monitoring frameworks.
- To manage, monitor and report on a defined portfolio of obligors, ensuring a proactive, transparent and rigorous approach to the management of credit risk and escalation of issues.
- Be able to lead the review, debate and challenge of borrower ratings and credit recommendations with the respective coverage areas to ensure a balanced risk/reward approach and appropriate use of capital. Develop and articulate BTMU risk appetite for specific regions, industries, sectors, obligors.
- Ensure effective communication across all levels of management with internal and external stakeholders within EMEA and other regions. Represent MUFG professionally with external clients in due diligence meetings.
- Give guidance to other areas of the bank on risk appetite, credit controls, policies and procedures.
- Support the development of the division’s operating model, ensuring optimal, efficient, and best practice delivery and performance supporting our clients.
- Credit experience in a global banking environment, corporate banking or investment banking institution.
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- In depth knowledge of credit and risk principles, products and management.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify key issues.
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of Consumer, Retail, Food & Beverage, General Industrials sectors
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills