We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION
Credit Office for EMEA (“ECRO”): ECRO is a credit division responsible for corporate banking credit for non-Japanese corporates, non-Japanese FIs, and non- Japanese Sovereigns (collectively Global Corporates).
It’s major functions are outlined as follows:
- Assessment and management of credit risks and related risks
- Assessment and management of country risks
- Management of problematic assets
- Monitoring, reporting and early action
- Portfolio analysis and management
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Assess rating and credit proposal of financial institutions, Insurance companies, NBFI’s, sovereigns and supranational (FIG) sector
- Set risk appetite for FIG clients and evaluate transactions for approval in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and delegated authorities
- Monitor and exercise control over own portfolio of Bank and Insurance / NBFI client and take proactive actions when necessary
- Exercise appropriate oversight of the assigned client, irrespective of which legal entity those risks are booked
- Collaborate across the wider FIG Credit as well as EMEA Risk Management function and relevant global functions in MUBK and MUS
- Assessment and recommendation of appropriate rating of FIG clients in a timely manner
- Maintenance of EMEA portfolio across MUBK and MUS within areas of responsibility
- Minimisation of credit cost
- Contribution to development and implementation of credit strategy for FIG sector including assessing and setting risk appetite, underwriting criteria and limits
- Management of own workload efficiently while not sacrificing quality
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements as well as internal policy and procedure
Essential: Required Work Experience:
- 7-10 years’ experience in credit risk with a focus on FI/NBFI credit analysis.
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance, capital markets and credit / market risk principles.
- Good product knowledge covering corporate lending, derivatives and trade finance.
Preferred: Preferable Experience:
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and relevant banking regulation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills on how to assess a FI/NBFI financial performance.
- Understanding of how to assign probability of default credit ratings and LGD’s.
- Working knowledge of legal documentation and key credit clauses.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (Essential)
- Relevant industry accreditation (Beneficial)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey credit arguments clearly and concisely
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements