As our business continues to grow we are looking for an experienced professional to join SVB’s Technology Banking Practice in London. This is an exciting opportunity to help grow the business in Europe and to partner with the next generation of leaders in the European Venture and Growth ecosystems.
The role is focused on building deep relationships with the founders and CEOs of new and scaling technology companies across Europe. The team is focused on companies in the Consumer Internet and Frontier Tech Sector and the individual should have relevant experience in and a passion for the verticals. By working closely with these teams, the individual will build trusted relationships with these companies leveraging SVB’s capabilities, network and experience to help them grow.
Reporting to Director of Consumer Internet & Frontier Tech Team in London, the successful candidate will build effective internal networks with multiple teams across the bank, not only in Europe but across SVB globally. The candidate will work alongside the Debt Execution Team, Relationship Advisors, Product Advisors and internal operations to provide a streamlined banking experience for the client.
The role will specifically include:
• Building deep relationships with the founders and CEOs of growing technology companies to enable them to efficiently understand and access relevant parts of the SVB platform.
• Developing relationships with Venture Capitalists, Advisors and finance partners who work with companies in the Consumer and Frontier Tech verticals.
• Generating new business for SVB through banking products and identifying opportunities to support companies with lending and credit products.
• Developing the SVB brand by representing SVB in the market at industry events and conferences and creating high quality media, speaking and thought leadership opportunities.
• Building effective internal networks within the SVB platform to enable full success in the role
• Providing insight into the SVB platform on key industry and company trends to ensure SVB is developing its business to meet the needs of the innovative ecosystem.
This individual will likely have the following background/attributes:
• Strong, proven origination skills to build a high quality client portfolio.
• Preference for candidates with experience working in the venture capital and start-up ecosystem
• Expert Relationship Management skills with companies within the Technology and Innovation Sectors
• Strong finance, analysis and commercial lending experience, including the ability to understand and negotiate credit terms
• Excellent all-round knowledge of banking products, including Treasury, Clearing and Trade Finance Solutions
• Strong background in debt structuring and execution.
• Passionate about technology start-ups and the venture ecosystem
• Authentic relationship building skills and extremely self-motivated and success driven
The individual should have an entrepreneurial, collaborative approach and a flexible style that allows for the input of others. They must share the core values of SVB and be focused on achieving the best outcome for the organisation versus individual achievement. They must have a proven track record of delivering results.
Based in London and covering tech ecosystems across Europe. The role will involve some international travel for conferences and events and to meet with international companies and investors.