Vice President, Investment/Product Strategy
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Jun 18 2018-06-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Private Equity Partners is the private equity solutions group at BlackRock. Private Equity Partners has offices in Princeton, Zurich, London and Hong Kong with total AUM of approximately USD 27 billion across a range of commingled funds and separate accounts. This position is with BlackRock Private Equity Partners’ Investor Relations & Solutions team in London.
BlackRock Private Equity Partners’ Investor Relations & Solutions team is seeking a highly motivated and ambitious individual interested in working in a fast-paced, international environment as a member of a closely knit team in the alternative investment industry. The candidate assumes a multi-faceted role which requires a passion for Private Equity investments, an entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, strong relationship management as well as analytical and conceptual skills.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a broad set of activities across business development, client service as well as investor solutions design and implementation. This will require developing a broad understanding of BlackRock Private Equity Partners’ business and investment strategies. In fulfilling his/her tasks the position holder will be acting as a point of contact between clients, the investment team, the wider BlackRock relationship management teams and other relevant departments within BlackRock such as Risk Management & Quantitative Analysis, Legal, Tax, Fund Administration, etc.
- Drive marketing activities across Europe in close collaboration with Relationship Management
- Formulate fundraising strategies and develop new client relationships
- Manage fundraising process through to completion of the mandate
- Develop requests for proposals in close cooperation with internal partners
- Work with internal partners to prepare fundraising materials: PPMs, DDQs, marketing materials and any other necessary documentation
- Manage and support existing client relationships
- Prepare content for and participate in client meetings in close cooperation with Relationship Management
- Prepare and hold client portfolio reviews including quantitative and qualitative portfolio analyses
- Develop varied analyses (e.g. industry- / client-related)
- Drive design and implementation of tailor-made separate account solutions including investment strategy, governance/cooperation framework, legal structuring, services, pricing etc. in close interaction with new clients and internal partners
- Drive development and launch of new products in the Private Equity space
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or Economics
- Previous relevant experience in client facing positions, and/or investment experience in the asset management industry (preferably in private equity)
- Good understanding of the Private Equity market and EMEA investor landscape
- Fluency in English including good writing skills. Other Western European language skills are seen as a plus.
- Full proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong relationship management skills with a consultative sales approach
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Persuasive and polished written and oral communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to assume additional responsibilities
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Willingness to travel
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.