Vice President, Product Architecture
Description About this role Your team
You will join the ETF and Index Investment (EII) EMEA Product Engineering team which is part of the EII Global Engine. The EII Global Engine mission is to drive investment quality and scale across the index platform, lead the modernization of the indexing industry and to drive solutions and innovation for indexing clients.
The Product Engineering team consists of three groups which covers: Product Architecture, Product Integrity and Product Delivery. You will become a member of the Product Architecture Fixed income team whose primary responsibility is to design and delivery new product structures and operating models for the iShares business. iShares is the market leader in exchange traded funds (ETFs) marketed and managed by BlackRock. Your role and impact
You will be responsible for identifying optimal risk-managed solutions for new and existing products, that meet the commercial goals of EII and enhance the financial well-being of our clients.
As Vice President you will own the product development of new Fixed Income products and operating platforms. This involves close collaboration with multiple internal and external partners to plan, identify and coordinate change across the BlackRock business.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting segment within the asset management industry. It offers fantastic exposure for someone looking to deepen their knowledge and contribute to the evolution of the ETF ecosystem at BlackRock. You will advance into an EII Fixed Income product and platform specialist capable of navigating the business and all teams which influence the design of our exchange traded products. Your responsibilities
- Take ownership and lead the delivery of multiple Fixed Income product initiatives that align to the priorities of the EII business e.g. new sophisticated product types, product platform changes and strategic technology improvements
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across multiple internal partners (e.g. Global Markets, Portfolio Management, Trading, Legal and Compliance) to define efficient solutions that meet the business objective.
- Project manage each initiative so it's structured and coordinated. Report regularly on status clearly articulating dependencies and risks that impact the delivery timeframe.
- Translate and document requirements into business process and system flows that will help technology build the appropriate solution and drives development discussion
- Develop partnerships with our third parties i.e. currency managers, swap providers (Banks), paying agents, central clearing houses and Fund Administrators.
- Engage in commercial conversations where needed to agree new services. Including the tracking of costs and expenses incurred by professional services.
- Expand and deepen iShares Product Engineering technical and investment knowledge. Stay ahead of current market environment and the latest relevant investment research and apply where relevant
- A strong understanding of Fixed Income and currency hedging strategies or, Fixed Income ETFs and derivative type products
- Experience in leading virtual teams and delivering business process change in a project team environment
- Logical and inquisitive personality, willing to question and challenge to further understanding and identify risks
- Highly organized and detail orientated approach to your work
- Ability to articulate sophisticated concepts to business users and technologists, both written and verbal
- Specific knowledge in the asset management processes life-cycle, in particular: trading, portfolio management, confirmation, settlement, transfer agency, accounting, regulatory compliance, risk, etc.
- Knowledge of the following an advantage
- Index Investment and ETF product operating model
- BlackRock's Aladdin & technology organisation and investment systems
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.