Overview of Department/Section
• The Commodity Finance (“CF”) Team primarily provides working capital solutions to commodity traders and commodity corporates based in EMEA (Producers, processors, marketers, distributors, etc) to meet their financing needs in all phases of commodity trading activities;
• CF is relationship manager for Independent Commodity Traders and for some Commodity Corporates;
• CF is product partner for RM offices of most Commodity Corporates.
Main Purpose of the role
• To develop and manage your own client relationships under the supervision of Team Head Metals and Agri, which requires you to offer relevant structured and / or corporate financing and cross sell ideas, products and solutions to companies in order to create client loyalties to MUFG.
• Provide administrative and technical support to Team Head Metals and Agri to enable the effective development and management of customer relationships.
• Provide credit support to colleagues by preparing information and analysis as directed by senior team members.
• Manage day to day client relationships, under the supervision of Team Head Metals and Agri, by identifying and understanding client needs and delivering the best ideas, solutions and products to originate commodity finance and ancillary business within MUFG.
• Contribute to high level analysis of client strategy using this in conjunction with market analysis to develop client recommendations and rationales for credit approval.
• Contribute to business development activities including meeting new clients and leading pitches and proposals for deals.
• Prepare and support financial analysis and credit applications as directed by senior team members.
• Conduct straight forward data analysis and data manipulation to enable interpretation of figures, patterns and trends.
• Run financial scenarios following precedent models to identify simple patterns and trends, to provide senior managers with information to support decision making.
• Conduct research from a range of generalised and specialist sources, extracting relevant information and summarising data to inform decision making at more senior levels.
• Review Facility and Security documentation accepting accountability for straightforward commercial aspects and referring to senior team members for more complex issues. Additionally to liaise with European Legal Office and/or external legal counsel for their areas of responsibility to ensure that commercial and legal aspects meet MUFG standards.
• Contribute to the development, adaptation and application of policy, procedures and analysis to ensure a relevant, compliant and rigorous approach to the management of any risk which can negatively affect the portfolio.
• Liaise with internal counterparts throughout MUFG and with external counterparts at clients to gather relevant information to support decision making and planning.
• 5-7 years commodity trade finance (as RM or credit analyst) or banking experience
• Experience at a well-known CF Bank as an RM
• Background in Credit Risk Analysis or operations
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Detailed knowledge of specific commodity trade finance products/procedures and a general understanding of the business area
• Computer literacy, including core Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong quantitative / numerical skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients
• Specialized in energy commodities or metals or agri commodities
Education / Qualifications
• University degree
• Master’s degree
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• A creative and innovative approach to work
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
• Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.