Our client is a leading independent corporate advisory, broking and trading organisation focusing on mid and small-cap companies. It has a well-established private placements team which it is looking to expand with the recruitment of an excellent VP.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Support and lead the execution of private capital raise projects across all industries;
- Prepare marketing presentations, term sheets, and other deal documentation;
- Approach, engage and negotiate with potential investors;
- Work with other team members in evaluating potential opportunities;
- Manage junior members of the team;
- Work directly with senior professionals and be involved in all aspects of transactions across a variety of sectors;
- Conduct market research and industry review projects across sectors; and
- Travel on new business presentations, road shows and conduct diligence meetings.
Qualifications & experience:
- Strong quantitative skills;
- Detail-oriented, organised and able to work as part of a team;
- Approximately 4-8 years’ experience as a member of a capital markets, M&A or related group at an investment bank or similar institution;
- Previous experience of private placements (debt and/or equity);
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral); and
- Ability and willingness to interact daily with deal team members across a wide number of internal teams.