Virtual Events Manager (CLF567)
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
Working within Marketing Brand and Communications, this role is responsible for defining and delivering a range of immersive virtual events to support Canada Life in the UK across multiple audience groups.
The Virtual Events Manager will be responsible for using technology to define on online experience that sets Canada Life apart across owned and third party online events. The role holder will be responsible for understanding customer behaviour and how to design a virtual experience to engage and grow our audience base. Events will be managed and delivered by the role holder working with the marketing team and other business stakeholders to design relevant content. Measurement and improvement will be at the heart of the virtual event program to demonstrate ROI and shape future developments. They will be responsible for combining both marketing and event elements together, driving the event process from end to end for Canada Life and external events.
Accountable for understanding virtual platforms available and how different platforms could satisfy different business needs. Responsible for establishing requirements from stakeholders and determining the most effective platform for Canada Life's events. Responsible for understanding the functionality of virtual platforms chosen by external partners, and how to maximise our contributions.
To be the primary contact for all virtual event information, planning and co-ordination within the business, and for external virtual event service providers.
Liaise with the key stakeholders to ensure all event production is co-ordinated effectively and appropriate representation (i.e. presenters, delegates etc.) is available (eg. Sales). Responsible for ensuring all events are approved prior to the day. Responsible for liaising with marketing colleagues to ensure all follow-up activity is executed.
Maintain and control the virtual events calendar, and work alongside Events Manager to ensure it complements face to face events calendar. Identify and resolve any conflicts which may arise.
To source, research and recommend events to support the achievement of sales targets/objectives, and to ensure event activities are targeted according to adviser data held within the CRM
Managing the budget approval process for events in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Management teams.
Responsible for analysis of virtual event programme, with recommendations made for future events based on test and learn. Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback. Responsible for delivering post-event MI/analysis to key stakeholders.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
Passionate about virtual delivery and innovation for various types of content and objectives. Solid practical experience in a vritual events role is necessary, for example:
• Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering high quality virtual events from creative brief through to delivery.
• Proven experience of working in an agile environment, partnering with key stakeholders and marketing teams, delivering on brand events in accordance to project timelines and critical key milestones as agreed by the marketing team.
• Proven experience working either in house or agency within a regulated environment.
• Contract negotiation and relationship management skills
• Attention to detail, ability to plan and manage business requirements
• Good communication skills to forge effective relationships with key stakeholders (including senior management)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, be extremely organised, work well under pressure either independently or as part of a team.
• Focussed and deadline driven, to ensure the job is completed to the correct business requirements
• A relevant business qualification or experience in events and financial services environment
Job Specific Accountabilities
• Innovate the virtual events proposition for Canada Life UK across all audience groups to facilitate delivery of business objectives
• Define and deliver ongoing performance reporting and improvement program
• Manage the virtual events calendar in conjunction with the Events Manager covering in person events to build the best online and offline model and experience
• Deliver the calendar of events covering Canada Life driven and those driven by third parties covering a range of content from insight and engagement to technical and product content working with experts and stakeholders to bring concepts to life
• Supervision would be ad hoc and in weekly update meetings with the Brand and Content Manager
• Tactical decisions and decisions involving prioritisation will be made independently on a daily basis, but spend or deployment of resource would be escalated to management
• The activity managed by the roleholder will contribute to overall sales success and revenue in the Wealth/Insurance/CLAM division via lead generation, sales conversion support, web traffic, and brand engagement.
• The role holder's responsibilities are reasonably varied and require excellent organisational and stakeholder management skills
• All round ability is required, including creativity, organisation, numerical and analytical skills, and excellent influencing and communication skill
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences