Voluntary Carbon Originator / Structurer
Join our market leading Trading business as a Voluntary Carbon Originator / Structurer.
In this exciting opportunity you will be originating and structuring voluntary carbon projects. As part of a global team, you will be focused on voluntary carbon offtake transactions, carbon neutral commodity transactions and other structured carbon-related transactions.
You will take an active role in the development of relationships across partners, (developers, capital providers, off takers and other relevant external parties) and help build and shape the strategy for Macquarie's voluntary carbon business. You will bring:
- Relevant experience with the carbon market,
- Sound understanding of carbon offset project methodologies, registry requirements, international governance frameworks and market developments, along with a track record of successfully delivering relevant projects.
- Demonstrable ability in the carbon offset structuring and sales space.
- An established network in the field of carbon offsets, ideally spanning the public, private and NGO spheres and including potential partners, developers, off-takers and capital providers in the carbon markets space.
- A highly developed knowledge and appreciation of risks and risk management strategies applicable to voluntary carbon offset projects and the offset market.
- A masters or equivalent degree (or equivalent depth of practical experience) in a relevant field.
If you would like to play a part in the ideation, product development and product rollout of voluntary carbon, carbon neutral and related climate-aligned offerings we would love to hear from you, please apply now. About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.