- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 15 Feb 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Not Specified
- Full time
Wealth Planning Director
To manage client relationships, their wealth planning strategy and the associated structures and solutions in line with agreed parameters and restrictions. To be the primary point of contact for the client at Cazenove Capital for wealth planning issues. It is expected that Wealth Planning
To manage client relationships, their wealth planning strategy and the associated structures and solutions in line with agreed parameters and restrictions. To be the primary point of contact for the client at Cazenove Capital for wealth planning issues.
It is expected that Wealth Planning Directors would also make a significant contribution to Cazenove Capital Management's business development and wider wealth planning strategy.
Main duties and overall responsibilities
• To manage, either directly or in conjunction with Paraplanner/AWP, client relationships and associated wealth planning strategies and structures;
• To fully understand the client's inter-family relationships, individual circumstances, risk profile, objectives, planning needs and resulting solutions;
• To respond to clients in a timely and professional manner;
• To actively market and develop profitable new client relationships both internally and externally;
• To meet with clients regularly and to ensure any action agreed is minuted and implemented;
• To have primary responsibility for new client set-up, sign off and maintenance in a timely fashion (inc KYC, ML/DD and restrictions), and ongoing suitability;
• Deliver suitability letters and reports for clients;
• To make clients aware of new and relevant planning opportunities that will be benefit their position and meet their overall planning objectives.
• To undertake regular review of the work of allocated Paraplanner/AFM where applicable to ensure that processes and procedures are adhered to, files are compliant, clients are treated fairly, and suitable revenue from CCM's clients are achieved.
• Degree level qualification or equivalent;
• An approved Level 4 or above FCA approved regulatory qualification;
• The CII Advanced Financial Planning Certificate, Chartered Financial Planner or equivalent professional qualification preferred;
• Hold a current Statement of Professional Standing (SPS)
• Controlled Function 30 – Customer function
• Considerable experience in advising high net worth individuals on complex wealth planning and tax strategies;
• In-depth pension and taxation knowledge across all relevant areas, including UK resident non domicile planning;
• Professional qualifications as above.
• Professional, organised, motivated, self-starter, strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to present clearly and concisely in a pressured environment.
• To understand and have a working knowledge of all the major wealth planning strategies available in the marketplace and how these can be applied to HNW clients of Cazenove Capital Management.
• Ability to communicate complex matters in a clear and simple fashion.
• Strong but tactful questioning skills and an ability to interpret personal information with a view to understanding an individuals motivations and drivers.
• To fully understand the complete range of Cazenove Capital Management’s offerings to the appropriate private client market and to be proficient in explaining such services to the clients.
• Able to demonstrate and evidence 35 hours Continued Professional Development (as required by the FCA) on an annual basis.