- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Tradeweb LLC
- 18 Jan 19
The Information Management team builds and maintains web-based applications as well as automated and ad-hoc reporting systems. These applications and reports are used by both internal teams (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Senior Management groups) and external customers (Dealers and buy-side firms) globally across the US, Europe and Asia.
We are also responsible for developing and maintaining the billing system for all services charged for by the firm. The accuracy of all system information and reported data is paramount, as is the speed and availability of our applications and services.
Description of position:
ASP.NET C# Web Developer with strong SQL experience working in a highly effective web software development team. Responsible for building new web-based applications and enhancing our existing applications, and developing Tradeweb's global reporting and CRM databases. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. All work efforts will be performed according to Tradeweb's policies and procedures relating to software development and quality.
- Support and Enhance our existing key products, used by both internal Tradeweb clients and external Financial Institutions. (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, MVC / WebForms).
- Collaborate on new product development as part of a collaborative team. (C#, SQL Server, MVC, React, jQuery).
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of SSRS and OLAP reporting. (SQL Analysis Services).
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of automated 'batch process' scripts (Perl, Excel, SQL).
Our web applications are heavily focused on data reporting and delivery of data in a variety of formats. The security and accuracy of the information our applications provide is paramount. This role would suit a junior to mid-level .NET web development professional with strong database skills and an appreciation of data integrity (2+ years good experience). While back-end & database development is the primary focus, candidates with good front-end skills and/or web CMS experience will have a definite advantage. Experience in the Finance sector is a benefit but not a strict requirement.
- University degree
- Proven experience building web based applications using ASP.Net, C# and SQL Server.
- Experience with .NET MVC and WebForms.
- Expert level, hands-on experience writing SQL Server Stored Procedures.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Skill for writing reusable libraries.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools. (SVN, Git)
- Proficient in MS Office products. (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer Science degree, under grad or post grad.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry.
- Experience interacting with business users at all levels.
- Adaptive layout design.
- SQL Server Reporting Services / Analysis Services (SSRS/SSAS)
Technical ability; product knowledge; results focused; team oriented; communication skills.
Core working hours are 8am-5.30pm, however you will be required to provide support outside of these hours as required.