Workflow Transformation Lead - Programme Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC UK
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
We are looking for a Senior Programme Manager to deliver the implementation of the Period End Close process on a standardised work flow tool - managing the local and global sponsors, driving the requirements and seeing through to agile phased implementation.
face off to senior Finance Operations ExCo to be the trusted advisor and implementation partner for work-flow across front to back Finance.
Primary accountability for the Period End Close migration to work-flow driving all necessary changes to ensure Finance is driving production of outputs using a work-flow tool as a backbone eliminating ad-hoc comms and hand-offs. Implementation covers from the requirements, configuration, training and roll-out.
Role is additionally accountable for implementation of work-flow across high value opportunities to be prioritised by the Finance Operations ExCo.
Responsible across all areas of Finance for ensuring the successful delivery of work-flow from Financial Control, Operational Accounting, Business Finance, Capital, Stress Testing, ALCM and Tax.
Manage complex interactions and dependencies both in between Finance and between Finance with other functions such as Risk, Front Office and Operations.
Build and lead a high performing global team consisting of project managers, business analysts and testers driving incremental delivery of benefits and aligning with the business needs on a day to day basis.
- Successful implementation of the work flow across Finance
- Successful implementation initially in Period End Close for HK
- Implementation of a stable work flow platform with an agile iterative continuous development approach
- Implementation of high impact work flow processes as prioritised
- Minimise operational risk of the work flow Finance solution actively tracking known risks to closure
- Drive sponsorship and resolution of upstream inefficiencies that cause cascading inefficiencies within Finance
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast moving and changing project environment.
- Proactive communication to immediately respond to executive's requests for information.
- Challenge the norm to demonstrate how innovative solutions can provide HSBC with a competitive advantage beyond that of our industry peers.
- Manage stakeholder expectations where the most effective solution for the Group as a whole may not be the most effective solution for any one user community
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the Finance functions and business processes
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the products, data flows and interactions
- Prior experience re-engineering front to back flows in the Finance environment
- Excellent leadership, management and communication skills
- Lateral thinking/problem solving/creativity
- Project management experience in respect of large multi-national projects
- Experience of managing internal team members from a variety of skill sets and experience levels
- Understanding of how to manage and maximise the value of external advisers including project consultants, accountants and lawyers
- Ability to draft or verbally present updates to stakeholders and other members of the senior management team that identify progress and explain salient issues