- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
We are looking for seriously creative writers to produce long and short-form editorial on a range of investment topics. You will help us take Fidelity to the forefront of our clients' minds with engaging articles, witty blogs, credible white papers - and even a snappy tweet or two (or ten). If you can tackle multi-media projects, all the better. All this for a variety of audiences around the world, primarily institutional and wholesale clients.
Editorial is a new and expanding function at Fidelity, which is evolving quickly to meet the needs of our clients. We have a multidisciplinary team of writers and producers as well as the production team to run our two VR studios in London and Hong Kong. We work closely with our investment colleagues to find the best and most relevant ideas and which our distribution teams then help to engage with the right people across our 23 markets. Our ambition is to create content which doesn't just lead the industry but rivals established publishing houses. And we think we're already making progress towards that goal.
- Conceive, research and write compelling, digital-friendly investment content for sophisticated clients around the world
- Collaborate with team members on global projects
- Liaise with investment and distribution teams to really understand Fidelity's thinking and our clients' need
Experience and Qualifications Required
Specifically, the candidate should have a mix of the following skills and experience:
- This is a creative content role which requires exceptional writing skills, backed up by a solid grasp of financial markets, as well as a never-ending supply of ideas coupled with strong research abilities. You'll need a creative eye for conveying ideas powerfully across a range of media. We tend to be polite and you should be, too - you'll need to be credible when talking to our top investment talent. Many of our clients are financially sophisticated so you'll need to be able to handle complex ideas but we prize people who excel in explaining difficult concepts with simple language.
- A digital-first publishing approach and experience in writing for audiences online, with evidence of success
- Excellent writing skills - the ability to research a topic in depth and produce clear and insightful copy to deadlines. Prior experience in financial journalism or investment communications is desirable. Strong research, idea generation and information-handling skills with the ability to grasp important themes and substantiate arguments with credible details and facts.
- Creativity in producing thoughtful arguments, presented in an accessible,way.
- Educated to degree level
- Initiative, intellectual curiosity and an ability to dig up and decipher data that supports the story.
The successful candidate will be expected to form strong relationships with the investment team to understand their areas of expertise in order to produce content that leads the industry.