XVA Trader - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
Bank Resource Management (BRM) executes centralized liability management for the Firm, in partnership with Corporate Treasury. BRM is positioned at the core of transaction flows to ensure proper and consistent allocation and pricing of resources across market facing businesses globally.
The advertised role is for a trader within the xVA desk, focusing mainly on FID products. This role includes evaluating and pricing of credit and funding as well as collateral optionality; risk-managing the existing derivative portfolio by executing trades and optimising portfolio hedges as well as frequent communication with the sales and trading desks for general counterparty issues.
- Evaluate new transactions for FID counterparties for the XVA desk
- Risk manage trading book positions, understand risk measures and ensure risk limits and structures are adhered to
- Understand key drivers of counterparty and funding risks, and develop appropriate strategies to manage
- Execute transactions for hedging of XVA risks in accordance with desk procedures
- Provide feedback to functional groups related to derivative risks arising from ISDA terms
- Report daily PnL including reporting of risk and key market parameters for management
- Participate in XVA methodology enhancement and IT development projects
Skills required (essential)
- Minimum degree educated, preferably in a quantitative field such as Maths, Engineering or Science
- Understanding/Experience trading in an interest rate, credit or exotic desk highly regarded
- Thorough knowledge of financial derivative pricing/risk management in the FID markets
- Strong communication skills, ability to co-ordinate with various functional groups within bank
- Able to perform under pressure, think and make decisions in short timeframes and prioritise as required
- Strong numerical, analytical and IT skills.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-JD2