** e-FX - Quant Research - Quant Trader- London **
- In the region of £150,000-300,000 tc
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Jove International
- 15 Apr 19
Leading e-FX Quant Trading Unit - Junior (approx. 0-2yrs) Quantitative Research / Trading role - build environment - London. By many measures they are the #1 e-FX trading business in operation today. It’s a fantastic place to learn how to build and run e-trading models!
This role requires a talented up and coming quantitative researcher (approx. 0-2-year level), probably with a PhD (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research, numerical Computer Scientist, or the like. It’s also important to have some level of applied statistical research background and an interest or curiosity in the financial markets.
This is a remarkable opportunity to join a firm that is now recognised as having one of the strongest Global FX Spot franchise businesses in operation today. Their electronic trading platform is also best of class and recognised globally for their innovation (including advanced machine learning techniques too)!
This is a team of highly technical quant traders that build & run models with very few layers of abstraction between idea generation and live trading. It creates a refreshingly easy environment to get things done! It’s also a very collaborative environment where more junior staff are given the support to develop in an open and collegiate way. Research code tend to be written in Python, R (production code is Java – I think).
This team is run by highly quantitative (and gifted academic), which creates a very welcome environment for anyone looking for a creative environment with gifted domain experts at the helm! It real does make for a great place to work.
- It’s expected that you will have a PhD (or Masters) from a world leading university in a quantitative discipline.
- An ability to implement your own research ideas - strong programming skills; R, Python Java C++ etc.
- Exceptional statistical modelling experience; predictive modelling, time series analysis and data mining.
- They are open to candidates from any asset class - Equites, FX, FI etc.
- A natural communication style and sharp problem-solving mind.
Please do get in touch if you would be interested in hearing more about this build out.
Look forward to hearing from you all!
Mobile: +44 (0)7795 394 276